Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ikea extendable bed

• 11-11-2018 12:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Does anyone have a busunge or sundvik extendable bed? If so would you recommend? Have you ended it out yet?
    Looking at getting it for my son’s room (he is still in cot in with me)....I will probably end up sleeping on it initially (full size mode!).

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

Millem wrote: »
    Hi all,

Does anyone have a busunge or sundvik extendable bed? If so would you recommend? Have you ended it out yet?
    Looking at getting it for my son’s room (he is still in cot in with me)....I will probably end up sleeping on it initially (full size mode!).

Thanks

We bought a Sundvik, no complaints, looks well, our son likes it,he fell out a few times due to moving around when sleeping but that would of happened on most beds available. What do you mean you would end up sleeping on it? It is a small childs bed, you can sleep on it the odd time but obviously it would feel cramped and you will probably break the base (wooden slats) if you intend to sleep on it more than a few times!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

We bought a Sundvik, no complaints, looks well, our son likes it,he fell out a few times due to moving around when sleeping but that would of happened on most beds available. What do you mean you would end up sleeping on it? It is a small childs bed, you can sleep on it the odd time but obviously it would feel cramped and you will probably break the base (wooden slats) if you intend to sleep on it more than a few times!

The bed says it holds 100kg!
    It is a european single size in full mode 80cm x 200cm.....same size as hemnes day bed.

Basically my baby is a disaster at night still breastfeeding. I want to move him into a separate room in his cot but would like to have a bed in the room in case I need to feed etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭asteroids over berlin

oh right, i have been on it a few times, it might be alright, i am 92kg

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,914 Mod ✭✭✭✭shesty

We went straight for a bog-standard single bed, didn't bother with toddler beds when ours moved to beds. Got a mesh rail for the side, works perfectly - no accidents to date. Why don't you consider that? It would solve the problem of you being in it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

shesty wrote: »
    We went straight for a bog-standard single bed, didn't bother with toddler beds when ours moved to beds. Got a mesh rail for the side, works perfectly - no accidents to date. Why don't you consider that? It would solve the problem of you being in it.:D

I like the height of a lower bed!
    Older boy had cot bed, this guy has a cot and I don’t think side comes off.

• Advertisement
Advertisement