Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free call recording app for iOS?

• 11-11-2018 3:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi, I need to install a call recording app on a work iPhone, does anyone know of any decent ones which don't require a paid sub?

Have already installed two apps which I thought were free but, upon further inspection, only offer the first week free and then charge you.

There's a great Android one called Call Recorder which doesn't cost a dime, but have yet to find its iOS equivalent.

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,937 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

You can't unless you have a jailbroken iPhone.

Call Recorder actually exists on the iPhone, but only on jailbroken.

Basically Apple don't allow apps to access the call and record them. The paid for apps get around this by creating a three way call with a phone service and recording in that manner.

There are some physical recorders you can use to record calls:
    https://uk.pcmag.com/how-to/89839/how-to-record-calls-on-an-iphone

Note, I'm not sure what the law is in Ireland about recording calls. I suspect you need to inform the person being recorded and the whole GDPR thing.

Advertisement