Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cycling clothing

Options
  • 11-11-2018 3:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭

Looking for some suggestions to pick up some cheap cycling gear, padded shorts, road shoes, jerseys etc

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,123 ✭✭✭homer911

Have you checked the multitude of other threads on this topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,768 ✭✭✭✭tomasrojo

Keep and eye out for Aldi specials. They come along once in while.

There's a Bargain Alert thread, which I think is currently in the front page of this forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

homer911 wrote: »
    Have you checked the multitude of other threads on this topic?

Nope, not yet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

you want cheap as in good value, or cheap as in cheap?
    i.e. if you're just looking for some for a commute, aldi/lidl stuff is fine, and they've some cheap stuff in heatons/sports world, branded muddy fox. i can't attest to the quality of the muddy fox shorts, but the tops are fine for a commute.

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭sy_flembeck

Same as the others say above plus, whatever you do buy cheap don't skimp on the shorts/ tights. Cheap, poor quality, ill fitting padding can lead to all sorts of problems.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭maxamillius

Cheers for all the replays folks, got some gear in Aldi before and to be fair it’s lasted the rest of time, really looking for padded shippers now, and also delve into the works of cleats and shoes etc

• Registered Users Posts: 73,456 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Looking for some suggestions to pick up some cheap cycling gear, padded shorts, road shoes, jerseys etc
    Aldi have it in at the moment. Overshoes, jerseys, socks and some other bike bits.

Advertisement