Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone Recommendation

Options
  • 11-11-2018 3:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭

Ok so I'm looking for a phone recommendation, and as per the sticky, here's the vital info required to the questions:

What features are important to you in a phone? (i.e. camera, gps, FM radio, Stereo Bluetooth) - FM radio is a must, after that, everything else is not too important to me. I currently have a Sony Xperia Z3 that's on it's last legs. I'm seeing hardly any smartphones out at the moment with an FM radio. Now I have seen articles online saying all phones have an FM radio, and that they're usually removed/blocked or whatever from working by the manufacturer. That's no good to me. And I don't want to have to download some radio app either. Just a good old plain FM radio on my phone please.

Form factor - i.e. touchscreen, slider, flip phone, etc. - Touchscreen Android smartphone. No iPhones please - been there before and won't go back. As for Windows, I'd rather not as I haven't used them before, I'm comfortable with Android and I have a bit of "brand loyalty" to them now.

Internet - is 3G/mobile internet important, or WiFi/EDGE - Not important, no preference. Don't think it matters much anyway.

Operator - have you an operator preference - No preference, although as below I'm currently with Virgin Media as I like their cheap 30 day contract option. Would prefer to stay with them if possible.

Pre-pay/Bill-pay/SIM-Free - have you a preference for either - Bill-pay preferably, but willing to listen if there are other alternatives. To be honest, the cheaper the better.

Price range - As cheap as possible. I'm currently on Virgin Media's €25 a month all-in 30 day contract. Would like to keep that same contract if possible.

Earbuds/Speaker - Are these a deal breaker if included or not? - No, I have my own already.

Thanks for your help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭grinder23

Bought the Huawei P20 Lite from Eir yesterday dropped from €349 to €229 and paid €25 to get it unlocked good spec and live it so far

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

grinder23 wrote: »
    Bought the Huawei P20 Lite from Eir yesterday dropped from €349 to €229 and paid €25 to get it unlocked good spec and live it so far

Ok thanks grinder. So roughly €255 all in and it has an FM radio?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,802 ✭✭✭DopeTech

Frogdog wrote: »
    Ok thanks grinder. So roughly €255 all in and it has an FM radio?

Correct

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Those questions are very dated.

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭Frogdog

ED E wrote: »
    Those questions are very dated.

Very. I wasn't sure if I was using the correct template or if there was a more up-to-date sticky.

• Advertisement
Advertisement