Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roof Repairs in Drogheda ?

Options
  • 11-11-2018 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭

Hi

Can anyone recommend someone experienced who would do some roof repairs for me in the Drogheda area?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭tribalwings

You should give IV Roofing a shout. Ivan is based in Drogheda. He has a number on Facebook

• Registered Users Posts: 279 ✭✭Mr. Muddle

+1 for IV Roofing

Ivars is a great guy, he is busy because he is good, over the past 3 years he has done a number of jobs in my house, always done well and at a reasonable price.

Hes sorted out bird damage to an extension roof, fitted new vents in bedrooms, bathroom and attic, fixed damaged led and fixed my gutters. He turns up when he says he will if hes busy he will tell you and not leave you waiting in for him.

https://www.facebook.com/search/top/?q=i.v.%20roofing%20%26%20property%20maintenance

I used Fintan Kelly of Drogheda Roofing last year, and found him excellent. Can't seem to find a number online, though.

I've never used Ivars (IV Roofing) but i know him to say hello to, and he's a genuinely nice chap.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

I rang Ivars today and he called to me within 1 hour to fix a leak in my roof.

He is coming back in a couple of weeks to install new gutters.

Excellent service.

Thanks for advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,922 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

Anyone any ballpark prices for replacing guttering?

• Advertisement

Anyone any ballpark prices for replacing guttering?

It's not that expensive to buy, if i recall, but it's pricey to get someone to do it.

I built an extension, and i wrapped the gutter the whole way around it. Got a new downpipe on a shed, too. Was done by the same chap on the same day.

I think I paid either €650 or €850. I can't recall which, to be honest. I think it might have been €650 though.

That was about 20meters of guttering in total, and he also did the other necessary bits to finish the job (fascia and downpipes and anything else that I can't think of off the top of my head).

I dont have his name or number though, he was just working on a neighbours house when I spotted him.

Advertisement