Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

City Vs Man U Nov 11th 4:30pm. Sky Sports Main event/PL

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,579 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Making a fool of Utd at the end there.

I thought Utd did that themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

After Utd scored they must have got confused and thought they'd won the game so poor was thier application.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

fullstop wrote: »
    The main emotion post match looks to be joy.

Of course it is. They won. They played exceptionally other then a small spell where we got on top. As long as Pep is there then the league is there’s!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,915 ✭✭✭✭klose

Bar a freak string of injuries it's hard to see city not going close to their points total last season. Being able to bring on sane and gundogan, leave jesus on the bench and kdb sitting in the stands it's just insane the squad depth they have. Pretty much feck all the rest can do.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,386 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,370 ✭✭✭✭8-10

United conceded as many as Southampton now, and a negative goal difference

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,454 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

klose wrote: »
    Bar a freak string of injuries it's hard to see city not going close to their points total last season. Being able to bring on sane and gundogan, leave jesus on the bench and kdb sitting in the stands it's just insane the squad depth they have. Pretty much feck all the rest can do.

They'll get more than 100 this year. Playing so well.

• Registered Users Posts: 508 ✭✭✭Scott Tenorman

The gap between these two teams is frightening. And this is without De Bruyne!
    City are still improving that is scary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,325 ✭✭✭✭rob316

The gap between these two teams is frightening. And this is without De Bruyne!
    City are still improving that is scary!

worryingly for the challengers is Pep has become more pragmatic in games. Did you ever see one of his sides play as reserved as they did at Anfield this season?
    He got beat 3 times by Liverpool last season and instead of never adapting to the opposition, he did.
    Look how calm they were at 2-1 yesterday, just kept possession with patient passing till they scored.

He has already gained 4 points on 2 games he lost last season. I know that not an exact science but it shows he and his team are maturing further.

Oh ya and all without KDB :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,207 ✭✭✭fyfe79

rob316 wrote: »
    worryingly for the challengers is Pep has become more pragmatic in games. Did you ever see one of his sides play as reserved as they did at Anfield this season?
    He got beat 3 times by Liverpool last season and instead of never adapting to the opposition, he did.
    Look how calm they were at 2-1 yesterday, just kept possession with patient passing till they scored.

He has already gained 4 points on 2 games he lost last season. I know that not an exact science but it shows he and his team are maturing further.

Oh ya and all without KDB :(

Exactly. I had City as favourites for the title anyway, but the Anfield game was the one which made them certainties imo. Instead of Pep's usual cavalier attitude in games against Liverpool he chose not to be so predictable and gave Klopp some headaches which he ultimately couldn't find an answer for.

An over-reliance on the same tactics (as great as they are) against every team no matter who that team is, is what I considered to be Pep's only real weakness. And he appears to have addressed it, unfortunately.

• Advertisement
Advertisement