Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indoor Plants - best place to purchase

Options
  • 11-11-2018 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi there, Looking to buy a number of indoor plants - where's the best place t get value? Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you're up to nurturing plants back to their glory, "raid" supermarkets and shops like Heatons and Dealz, they often have plants on special offer that look a bit the worst for wear (mostly because nobody bothers to water them :() but that with a bit of TLC will grow back big and strong and lovely. Some garden centres have bargain corners, too. Otherwise, Lidl has a good selection of plants of various kind (the type changes from week to week). Church sales and car boot sales often have plants on sale as well (usually propagated by someone).

If you can find one near you, though, plant nurseries are probably your best bet, quality/price-wise. Finally, if you're looking for bulbs and seeds, there are a number of places that sell them by catalogue. Mr Middleton in Dublin is one of them, but they also have llllooooooads of bulbs, seeds and plants of various kinds in their shop. (Disclaimer: no affililation whatsoever).

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

I have a magnificent christmas cactus in glorious flower... E1.49 from LIDL who have special offers every week or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,532 ✭✭✭jaffa20

I find the ones in certain woodies stores good value and mine are still thriving. Main thing is to not overwater!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

Ikea often have a decent selection of indoor plants, apart from that I'd second Lidl and any of the diy shops like B&Q or Woodies. Johnstown garden centre has a great selection if you're ever in the area.

• Advertisement
Advertisement