Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tikka Supreme ingredients

Options
  • 11-11-2018 5:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Our local Indian has a dish called Tikka Supreme and I’m desperately trying to recreate it, despite a lack of culinary skills!

The dish is tikka spiced chicken in a creamy coconut sauce. The sauce is an orangey-pink colour and it’s ridiculously sweet, nearly verging on a dessert. Heavy on the coconut.

Has anyone a similar recipe or ideas how to recreate it? I’ve searched online but it seems to be a takeaway oddity!

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The sauce sounds like its using the pink almond/sugar mix that takeaways often use on Peshwari naans, unfortunately I don't know what its caused. That plus blended tomato/onion/garlic and grated block coconut would be my guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,436 ✭✭✭dartboardio

I presume it’s just tikka masala? Supreme is usually just a creamy sauce

Cream, ground almonds?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I have a fool proof delicious Chicken Tikka Masala recipe if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭Sebastian Dangerfield

BailMeOut wrote: »
    I have a fool proof delicious Chicken Tikka Masala recipe if you want.

I'd love a PM if you do, please!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,986 ✭✭✭BailMeOut

I'd love a PM if you do, please!

done - enjoy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement