Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

MVHR as air quality regulator.

• 11-11-2018 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭

So I know that MVHR is not recommended unless you have excellent levels of air tightness.
    But in terms of fresh air and regulating humidity would it be a good job in a solid wall house built in the 1930's with recent external insulation fitted.
    I know some might advise on Demand Control Ventilation as a more cost efficient method but leaving aside cost, would the MVHR provide a noticeable improvement in air quality?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Yes re the air quality: absolutely
    you will need to consider a chilling coil on the intake so as you can regulate the RH of the incoming air so as it will be ready to "absorb" the higher humidity in the house

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭SemperFidelis

I put one into a 1970s nowhere near airtight bungalow and it has made a massive difference. We used to get mould under cot and beds and in a few places around the house. Much fresher now and no mould since.

Also even witout airtightness I get around 1.5 - 2 degree difference in temps of supply and extract, so I'm recovering loads of the heat from the extracted air.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭MightyMunster

I put one into a 1970s nowhere near airtight bungalow and it has made a massive difference. We used to get mould under cot and beds and in a few places around the house. Much fresher now and no mould since.

Also even witout airtightness I get around 1.5 - 2 degree difference in temps of supply and extract, so I'm recovering loads of the heat from the extracted air.

My parents had the same experience, removed mould in wardrobes etc. Were delighted with it.

Advertisement