Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Telescopes for child

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Cianos

Unfortunately when I went to order the Heritage 130p it was out of stock, so I looked around I'm now looking at getting the Celestron 114AZ, for me it seems to be a good balance between a few things;

Not as powerful as the 130 but not far off at 114, and certainly a lot better than the 76mm options.

Has a tripod (I was worried about using a table mounted setup if we wanted to use it out on a walk or whatever else)

Is easy to set up and use straight away, no EQ mount etc (it's important for me that my daughter would feel comfortable enough to use it herself)

I've reserved one so I'll probably go ahead and get it, but I'm wondering is there any reason not to get it? Does my reasoning above make sense?

Thanks very much for all the help

Advertisement