Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mortgage without passing probation

• 12-11-2018 12:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭

hi

lending query

would any bank entertain attaining any type of mortgage of any amount for me - i recently started permanent job have good savings record from prior jobs no debt?

do i really need to wait to pass probation to secure any type of mortgage?

any advise great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭bri007

You would need to pass probation in order to drawdown, maybe contact a broker but can’t see any bank allowing you to drawdown until you pass your probation.

How long is your probation for? You may get AIP but unable to drawdown until you prove you have passed your probation.

All depends what’s written on your salary cert from your employer
    mkdon wrote: »
    hi

lending query

would any bank entertain attaining any type of mortgage of any amount for me - i recently started permanent job have good savings record from prior jobs no debt?

do i really need to wait to pass probation to secure any type of mortgage?

any advise great

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

Hi

I got a mortgage while on probation and was able to drawdown. I'm an accountant and was moving to another job in the same industry and had been employed for over 10 years so I think if you're in a similar position (good employment record and moving to a job within the same industry) then you'll be fine I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 419 ✭✭mkdon

can I ask what bank gave you the mortgage

Mark1916 wrote: »
    Hi

I got a mortgage while on probation and was able to drawdown. I'm an accountant and was moving to another job in the same industry and had been employed for over 10 years so I think if you're in a similar position (good employment record and moving to a job within the same industry) then you'll be fine I think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

AIB gave me a mortgage directly and would have let me draw down while on 6 months probation. July 2017

They did ask a lot of questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭Mark1916

can I ask what bank gave you the mortgage

Bank of Ireland

• Advertisement

how far into your probation period were you may I ask

I have started couple weeks

quote="Wildly Boaring;108605100"]AIB gave me a mortgage directly and would have let me draw down while on 6 months probation. July 2017

They did ask a lot of questions.[/quote]

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,649 ✭✭✭Wildly Boaring

Had just started too.
    Thought I'd apply and if I had to wait the 6 months at least I'd have the rest lined up.

Got approved after a bit of back and forth.

another relayed query someone maybe can assist with

would a mortgage broker be of value to me in terms of saving time and paperwork

how much Are they?

Had just started too.
    Thought I'd apply and if I had to wait the 6 months at least I'd have the rest lined up.

Got approved after a bit of back and forth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 188 ✭✭TheIronyMaiden

another relayed query someone maybe can assist with

would a mortgage broker be of value to me in terms of saving time and paperwork

how much Are they?

Depends how they work, some charge a fee but mine worked on commission from the bank so we paid him nothing. We were first time buyers and hadn't a clue, I found it so handy to have him organise everything and to have a soundboard for queries and whatnot. He was able to advise us on getting our solicitor lined up at certain points of the process too which saved us time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,249 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Depending on the employer you could ask for the probationary period to be ended early - check with other employees as to whether this is plausible.

In my last employer they had a policy of only allowing annual Taxsaver tickets for non-probationary employees so they finished the probationary period after 4 months when I asked so I could partake; in my current job I returned to a former employer I left on good terms and they ended the probationary period after two weeks as a pay rise for non-probationary staff was announced. That one is special circumstances though!

As goes brokers - those that charge no commission have a much smaller range of potential products to sell.

• Advertisement
Advertisement