Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why did my bank balance jump up by €500 over the weekend

Options
  • 12-11-2018 1:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭

It's not the first time this has happened and when I went into my local branch I was told they don't control the app. I was annoyed as payments that had paid out on the Thursday and  Friday disappeared from the list and the misleading balance meant after a food shop on the Sunday, I was over my limit and charged a fee. The payments that had been paid, reappeared on the Monday  with pos dates and the balance adjusted.
    This has now happened again. My balance has jumped up again and I know its not correct. I'm getting pretty fed up of the regularity that this is occurring. Can anyone tell me why this is happening and stop me getting charged. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,415 ✭✭✭Tow

This is a feature of BOI's computer systems, covered in multiple previous threads.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there cbyrd,

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

This is account specific information that we cannot access here on Boards.

If you would like to query the transactions on your account you can type your query into Ask a Question in the Service Desk menu option on your 365online and this will be investigated for you.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cbyrd

Tow wrote: »
    This is a feature of BOI's computer systems, covered in multiple previous threads.

Hi, thanks for your reply, just to update. I had a look at the other threads but other that the usual app balances changing, this was not an amount that had gone in or out of my account so made absolutely no sense.
    Following this I contacted the bank yesterday and lo and behold, it was a mistake that once rectified did leave my balance in the red. All bills had been paid out and none could've bounced back in.
    Also turns out that there was a couple of fraudulent transactions listed as uber, done over the weekend too, so now the card has been cancelled and awaiting a new one.

Advertisement