Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice required from owner occupiers

Options
  • 12-11-2018 1:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi
    I am renting out 2 rooms in my home. Everything was fine until 1 tenant got a boyfriend and now he has been staying often. I want to speak to her about it however i don’t want to be a prune either. What do other live in landlords do ? Do they allow it or do they set restrictions. If I set restrictions do I have to abide by that also ie if I said he was allowed 2 nights a week and not in the common areas would that mean then that I couldn’t sit in the sitting room with my own boyfriend. I’ve spent a lot of money buying the house and I’m afraid if I set restrictions then I will be made abide by them also even though it’s my house. I’m new to all of this and would appreciate advice on what is the norm out there in Dublin

Advertisement