Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Voicemail : technical issues / screwed up branding.

Options
  • 12-11-2018 10:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,471 ✭✭✭

I have noticed that over the last while your voicemail services on both landline and mobile have started to become very sloppy.

Also your branding is completely screwed up like as if nobody's paying attention. It just sounds very sloppy.

Mobile: tech issues last week where it stopped working entirely for some reason. Then the system also is still calling itself "Meteor" and "meteor call catcher". Didn't you spend an awful lot of money rebranding as Eir?

Fixed-line: Some glitches recently and also the voicemail system now answers calls in a very plummy English accent. It's as if someone has erased the localised Eir voice prompts and it's gone back to whatever the vendor's default voice is. 

It's no big deal and there's nothing wrong with English accents but it's just pretty sloppy for Ireland's 'flag carrier' telco to lose your localisation.

It's more like what I'd expect from some cheapo VoIP provider.

Also on branding, my landline still says things like "This is a recorded message from Eircom" .. "The person you are calling is using Eircom's call waiting service... and knows your call is waiting".

Again no big deal, but just surprising that you spent so much money on a big rebrand and didn't change any of the voice branding scattered around various network services. I would assume it's just a matter of recording new prompts and uploading them to a couple of voicemail platforms. I know the landline network contains old school tech, but it can't be THAT hard to update the messages/prompts.

Between this and the insanely long waits to speak to anyone about bill queries, technical problems etc on 1901, I am starting to wonder what is going on in there.

Then your "My Eir" service seems to be going down all the time and there are significant delays even trying to get someone on the online chat services.

Just as an end user, the whole thing is starting to look and sound like a lot of things just don't work smoothly anymore.

This is more in the way of feedback than I'm looking for a specific solution.

Advertisement