Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaming in NI on O2UK Network

• 12-11-2018 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭

Over the last few weeks, eir phones are unable to roam across into the O2UK network in Northern Ireland. 
    In many border areas, O2UK and Vodafone UK are the only networks available, Vodafone UK has been unavailable for a long time, however Eir customers could use the O2UK network.

At the moment, it seems as if EE is the only network which eir customers are allowed to roam over to. Not a solution in these border areas where EE don't have any coverage.

We need you to restore the roaming on to O2UK.

I have exhausted trying to talk to your customer support about this as they can only suggest changing SIM as part of a "troubleshooting procedure"

Changing a SIM will have no effect - we need you to see why your roaming agreement with O2UK no longer works.

I look forward to your reply

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭kazoo106

I am bumping this post due to complete lack of response via:

1. Official complaint email (despite an answer being promised within 48 hours)

2. Webchat with someone who couldn't even understand our issue

3. Numerous calls to tech support without a callback

We have 16 mobiles from your company and this issue is causing SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES to our ability to contact our vans (which cross the border multiple times daily)

If a response then solution is not received this week, we will have no option to PORT OUT all these phones due to breach of contract

• Closed Accounts Posts: 202 ✭✭eir: Ahren

kazoo106 wrote: »
    I am bumping this post due to complete lack of response via:

1. Official complaint email (despite an answer being promised within 48 hours)

2. Webchat with someone who couldn't even understand our issue

3. Numerous calls to tech support without a callback

We have 16 mobiles from your company and this issue is causing SERIOUS CONSEQUENCES to our ability to contact our vans (which cross the border multiple times daily)

If a response then solution is not received this week, we will have no option to PORT OUT all these phones due to breach of contract
    Hi Kazoo106.

Sorry to hear you are having issues with Roaming in Northern Ireland.

Please PM me your account details when you can and I will look into this for you.

Thank you.
    -Ahren

Advertisement