Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alexa controlled smart plugs

• 12-11-2018 1:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭

Folks - I'm looking for suggestions on the best value for money multipack of Alexa controlled smart plugs. I notice a lot of the ones on Amazon dont ship to Ireland

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

s8n wrote: »
    Folks - I'm looking for suggestions on the best value for money multipack of Alexa controlled smart plugs. I notice a lot of the ones on Amazon dont ship to Ireland

Use Parcel Motel/Wizard for anything on Amazon that doesn't ship to Ireland.
    I have a TP Link smart plug, it works well using Google home, I'm sure it also works with Alexa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Best value is on the sonoff units, see the bargain alerts add for three for 20 fantastic value. No hub needed works with Alexa and Google home

On these similar inline bulky units emergenie have a three pack (hub needed) as do lightwaverf (again hub needed)

Both of the above have nice single and and twin smart sockets with no inline unit needed. Expensive though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Stoner wrote: »
    Best value is on the sonoff units, see the bargain alerts add for three for 20 fantastic value. No hub needed works with Alexa and Google home

On these similar inline bulky units emergenie have a three pack (hub needed) as do lightwaverf (again hub needed)

Both of the above have nice single and and twin smart sockets with no inline unit needed. Expensive though.

I cant find the link, can you share please ?

s8n wrote:
    I cant find the link, can you share please ?

It's on the first page of the Bargains Alert Page, very easy to find.

Boards.ie: Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily] - http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057901944

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Suckler

Use Parcel Motel/Wizard for anything on Amazon that doesn't ship to Ireland.
    I have a TP Link smart plug, it works well using Google home, I'm sure it also works with Alexa

Use TP Link sockets and bulbs - work well with Alexa.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,842 ✭✭✭s8n

Stoner wrote: »
    It's on the first page of the Bargains Alert Page, very easy to find.

Boards.ie: Sonoff WiFi Plug - €7.24 (using code) [Dressily] - http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057901944

many thanks !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,918 ✭✭✭Soarer

I got these from Amazon through Parcel Motel.

Smart sockets

Have worked faultlessly.

Soarer wrote:
    I got these from Amazon through Parcel Motel.

Am though they are decent cost, the sonoff is a good bit cheaper with that code.

However they look a lot better. Much smaller, closer to the smarthings unit, good find

Advertisement