Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Marital status

• 12-11-2018 1:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hi,

Myself and my wife are married a year and a half. We both work and earn approx the same give or take 1 or 2 thousand so we won’t be moving credits around. We haven’t registered as married with the tax office as we haven’t bothered really. Is there any benefit to registering or is it grand that we haven’t.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,093 ✭✭✭relax carry on

Hi,

Myself and my wife are married a year and a half. We both work and earn approx the same give or take 1 or 2 thousand so we won’t be moving credits around. We haven’t registered as married with the tax office as we haven’t bothered really. Is there any benefit to registering or is it grand that we haven’t.

Thanks

While it may not benefit you now, it may in the future if circumstances change when if you are jointly assessed you can move the transferrable rate band and credits if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CiaranTheGreat

While it may not benefit you now, it may in the future if circumstances change when if you are jointly assessed you can move the transferrable rate band and credits if necessary.

That’s what I was thinking. For the sake of a form or a phone call I’ll get it sorted. Thank you

Advertisement