Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tourists or Refugees

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Jaysus. I'm just a lurker on this sight but the amount of dzopes on this thread is ridiculous. A few thousand refugees ain't gonna hurt no one. Get your gubberment to sort out their bad management and wasting of shed loads of money on administration/bureaucracy first and then complain about the refugees. Not accepting refugees won't fix any of your other problems.

Ireland has agreed to accept 4,000 refugees.

I welcome them, and am happy to pay tax to support them.

I am not happy to support illegal migrants.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭mammajamma

Odhinn wrote: »
    The CSO egs to differ
    "During the most recent inter-censal period 2011 to 2016
    natural increase has continued to be the main driver of
    population growth in Ireland. "
    https://www.cso.ie/en/media/csoie/newsevents/documents/census2016summaryresultspart1/Census2016SummaryPart1.pdf

me: "the CSO figures in 2017 and 2018..."

You: "well the 2016 numbers beg to differ..."

Have you ever met a pie-man, on the way to the fair? :rolleyes:

For all the bluster about fake news, I think you are quite literally the first embodiment I have come across! Posts a disingenuous, very questionable article, I blow that out of the water with actual statistics....moves straight onto completely different, out of date numbers to hide behind. My eyes are rolling back so hard they've come full circle :)

It would be a boring world without diversity. Did you ever eat in Pings? The Indian restaurant at the Mall, maybe the Indian at the SV car park? Nice Italian or two in Wicklow too.
    Or would you rather the old hairy bacon and stinky cabbage?

Another simple-simon level observation, absolutely zero forethought, gobbling up the propaganda. Besides the fact that a bloody recipe somehow needs an ethnic person to cook it :rolleyes:…

heres an exercise for your brain: If every city, say, had an equal amount of Chinese, indian, Pakistani, Korean, etc etc...would that, in FACT, lead to the opposite of diversity? That every place would be the exact same hum-drum, boring, homogeneic place?

Why go to experience the culture and enjoy the food of india itself when you have the same mono-culture literally everywhere instead?

"diversity", for all its other outright lies, also equals the complete freaking opposite of what it pretends to be. A mongrel society that all looks the same.

Have you ever seen the result of non-separated dog breeds? They all look and behave the exact same, and to be frank, downright ugly. You'll find packs upon packs of them in the likes of Africa and asia. For anything else to be said about dog-breeding, at least it provides ACTUAL diversity in character, aesthetics etc.

Theres some seriously deranged uses of language being used in these debates, words that are quite literally, (literally!), the exact opposite in meaning. Its upside-down land for some people!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,598 ✭✭✭Working class heroes

mammajamma wrote: »
    Another simple-simon level observation, absolutely zero forethought, gobbling up the propaganda. Besides the fact that a bloody recipe somehow needs an ethnic person to cook it :rolleyes:…

heres an exercise for your brain: If every city, say, had an equal amount of Chinese, indian, Pakistani, Korean, etc etc...would that, in FACT, lead to the opposite of diversity? That every place would be the exact same hum-drum, boring, homogeneic place?

Why go to experience the culture and enjoy the food of india itself when you have the same mono-culture literally everywhere instead?

"diversity", for all its other outright lies, also equals the complete freaking opposite of what it pretends to be. A mongrel society that all looks the same.

Have you ever seen the result of non-separated dog breeds? They all look and behave the exact same, and to be frank, downright ugly. You'll find packs upon packs of them in the likes of Africa and asia. For anything else to be said about dog-breeding, at least it provides ACTUAL diversity in character, aesthetics etc.

Theres some seriously deranged uses of language being used in these debates, words that are quite literally, (literally!), the exact opposite in meaning. Its upside-down land for some people!

Ah yes. The CAPS shouty poster. Oh how I missed you.

Racism is now hiding behind the cloak of Community activism.

Ah yes. The CAPS shouty poster. Oh how I missed you.

Excellent point! I will think long and hard about your up-ending position :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Excellent point! I will think long and hard about your up-ending position :rolleyes:

First time for everything I suppose, well done you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

We're getting flat-pack diversity whether we like it or not, just how Varadkar and Coveney can get jobs at the EU or UN after they get kicked out.

People arriving on our doorsteps, that we don't want, that we never voted for, how some goat herder from Ethiopia can fulfil his lifelong dream of selling selfie sticks outside a train station.

We're done if we don't stand up to diversity now. Britain, Germany, France, Sweden etc will never be the same again.

We're getting flat-pack diversity whether we like it or not, just how Varadkar and Coveney can get jobs at the EU or UN after they get kicked out.

People arriving on our doorsteps, that we don't want, that we never voted for, how some goat herder from Ethiopia can fulfil his lifelong dream of selling selfie sticks outside a train station.

We're done if we don't stand up to diversity now. Britain, Germany, France, Sweden etc will never be the same again.

Not saying you are right or wrong but what’s this we business pale face?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,323 ✭✭✭Mr. teddywinkles

Wrong wrong wrong.

So cost has nothing to do with providing housing for our own inhabitants?

Not saying you are right or wrong but what’s this we business pale face?

It means not you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,003 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Unfortunately we live in Ireland where the instinct to be liked and approved of by other nations is strong.

It's far more important to be seen as "progressive", "liberal" or "not a racist" to many to the point that the consequences aren't just ignored, they aren't even considered - and woe betide anyone who DOES ask questions or raise concerns in this era of social media virtue signalling.

We seem to soak up this nonsense in this country to the point that it seems as if we're just another State in the good old US of A - where most of this comes from.

It wasn't too bad when this stuff was confined to the likes of Twitter and Facebook but had very little relevance beyond that, but now we have a Taoiseach obsessed with (social) media and spin and his own profile, and a political system and parties that are completely subservient to their EU "betters" (gotta get that sweet post domestic politics retirement plan!), and are in a position that these things take precedence over common sense and the long term welfare of the country and its citizens.

Most of these new migrants are welfare tourists with no marketable skills, suspect personal backgrounds, and cultural and religious traditions that are wholly incompatible with Western society. They represent nothing except a further strain on already stretched and finite resources (and let's not forget that we ALREADY contribute over half a billion euro annually in "foreign aid"), and bring all of the social and security problems they claim to be fleeing with them.

I personally want no part of it. We're not responsible for their domestic problems and we shouldn't be responsible for transplanting those issues here.

This will become THE election topic in the next decade the way things are going (and yet the advocates persist with the notion that "this time it'll be different!!") and if not managed properly now (assuming it's not already too late) we'll see the same extremist politics and internal problems we've seen in other European countries in the last few years.

Ireland is not special (except maybe as one of the few soft touch European countries left) and we will not be immune from the problems we have all seen elsewhere.

It means not you.

Ah no, really? That’s not nice:(:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

A simple question for your local TD

What does Ireland have in place to suggest that 3rd world immigration doesn't have the effect it has had in countries like Germany, France and Sweden?

A simple question for your local TD

What does Ireland have in place to suggest that 3rd world immigration doesn't have the effect it has had in countries like Germany, France and Sweden?

The next td or councillor that knocks at my door is in for best time, let me tell you :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,713 ✭✭✭Pretzill

Diversity or multi culturism - these are buzzwords which automatically label difference and don't mean everyone should accept the negatives or as in most cases brush them away for fear of being labelled racist.

If we all had similar outlooks and all tried to be decent people the differences are just adornments, positives -

Let's hope the refugees/migrants which I think will make up 15%* of Roosky's population are good people - all of them. Because even a few rotten apples could have a devastating effect.

*564 population in Roosky 2016 census
    80+ refugees/migrants relocating there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Trailerr

Jaysus. I'm just a lurker on this sight but the amount of dzopes on this thread is ridiculous. A few thousand refugees ain't gonna hurt no one. Get your gubberment to sort out their bad management and wasting of shed loads of money on administration/bureaucracy first and then complain about the refugees. Not accepting refugees won't fix any of your other problems.

die of a heart attack you filthy anti-german bolshevik

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

We should just open our doors and let in more and more. Our hospitals beds are empty we have to many doctors our school classrooms are half empty we have house's galore to fill hospital waiting lists are very short ect ect. So where's the problem. The country has no problem taking in more people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 39 Trailerr

squirrelmann

why not liebermann,
    like obamas head of senate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Politicians don't give a **** about the people.
    We are an inconvenience to them. They have to come to us ever few years and lie and bull**** and pretend like they really, really care about the country, and us, just so they can keep their "jobs". Which they tend to make a balls of anyway.

What they really care about is power and their gold plated pensions and expenses. And a seat at the EU table when they are finally booted out of office.

Don't rely on politicians to solve any problems in this country.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

It would be a boring world without diversity. Did you ever eat in Pings? The Indian restaurant at the Mall, maybe the Indian at the SV car park? Nice Italian or two in Wicklow too.
    Or would you rather the old hairy bacon and stinky cabbage?

Were these establishments offering a broader range of options created by bogus asylum seekers or outside investors?

Because we have a system to facilitate the latter OK. They have a right to operate here.

I am tired of having this diversity 'gospel' preached at me when nobody ever has an answer as to why we need this diversity.

I worked for a tech multinational that kept on pushing it and my own government seems dead keen to push it too. But why?

I know what it must feel like to be somebody in the middle ages who wasn't so taken with religion.

• Advertisement

topper75 wrote: »
    Were these establishments offering a broader range of options created by bogus asylum seekers or outside investors?

Because we have a system to facilitate the latter OK. They have a right to operate here.

I am tired of having this diversity 'gospel' preached at me when nobody ever has an answer as to why we need this diversity.

I worked for a tech multinational that kept on pushing it and my own government seems dead keen to push it too. But why?

I know what it must feel like to be somebody in the middle ages who wasn't so taken with religion.

To answer your first point - I have no idea, probably a bit of both. Do you know?

Your second point - if you are tired have a kip. Nobody is preaching and if they were you don't have to listen. You are right we don't need diversity but we don't need shoes either, they are nice to have however.

Your third point - I don't know, ask them maybe?

No idea what religion has to do with anything. No interest in it myself but there you go....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,942 ✭✭✭topper75

To answer your first point - I have no idea, probably a bit of both. Do you know?

Your second point - if you are tired have a kip. Nobody is preaching and if they were you don't have to listen. You are right we don't need diversity but we don't need shoes either, they are nice to have however.

Your third point - I don't know, ask them maybe?

No idea what religion has to do with anything. No interest in it myself but there you go....

First q was rhetorical. You proposed broader food options as a spin off of diversity but bogus asylum seekers don't sell you food. They eat food paid for by us in the DP centres. The broader options don't require a population influx. I was in a Thai place today with not one Thai person there. We can do that too.

That tech company hadn't me in the door a wet week when I was scheduled for a 2 hour e-learning course on tolerating different countries. It became clear over the years I spent there that my thinking varied from my colleagues and bosses, even way up the chain all into this new gospel. I reckon I was hired by mistake. The funny thing was some of the foreigners I worked with in that org were the soundest there :-) Our govt TV station is pushing this agenda too. Stories about Trump keeping out foreign invasions on morning radio have no comment from that actual admin, only critics. Influx good, people stopping it bad. Dramas on the TV depicting the claimants in a particular light. Yeah maybe you are right - I ought to work harder to avoid it or 'take a kip', but I'm made pay for it.

I preach the heresy that diversity is not needed. A small amount won't hurt us of course, but it is not something we need to achieve at all. Put our energies elsewhere like looking after our own.

I ref'd religion in the middle ages for its high intolerance of people who questioned their claims. I'm not literally burnt at a stake thankfully but it does feel odd when you get a 'care bear' social justice-orientated hive-mind that offers no rationale for what it is driving at and tries to paint you as a bad person for saying you don't accept their take: heretic/selfish, infidel/xenophobe, etc. So if you want diversity - tell us why - don't shout me down for questioning the emperor's new clothes.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

Trailerr wrote: »
    Donegal is also getting 100 refugees before christmas

donegaldaily. com/inishowen-group-urges-public-to-welcome-100-asylum-seekers%2F&usg=AOvVaw3rt9qqqgEFeRfoLLE8Jman

"Inishowen Together have issued a statement extending a warm welcome to those arriving but criticised the direct provision system."

A fate worse than death.

''Put me back in the sea''.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

How about Dalkey?

Some nice land down there prime for development of immigrant accommodation.

Next to a feller known as Pat Kenny.

topper75 wrote: »
    First q was rhetorical. You proposed broader food options as a spin off of diversity but bogus asylum seekers don't sell you food. They eat food paid for by us in the DP centres. The broader options don't require a population influx. I was in a Thai place today with not one Thai person there. We can do that too.

That tech company hadn't me in the door a wet week when I was scheduled for a 2 hour e-learning course on tolerating different countries. It became clear over the years I spent there that my thinking varied from my colleagues and bosses, even way up the chain all into this new gospel. I reckon I was hired by mistake. The funny thing was some of the foreigners I worked with in that org were the soundest there :-) Our govt TV station is pushing this agenda too. Stories about Trump keeping out foreign invasions on morning radio have no comment from that actual admin, only critics. Influx good, people stopping it bad. Dramas on the TV depicting the claimants in a particular light. Yeah maybe you are right - I ought to work harder to avoid it or 'take a kip', but I'm made pay for it.

I preach the heresy that diversity is not needed. A small amount won't hurt us of course, but it is not something we need to achieve at all. Put our energies elsewhere like looking after our own.

I ref'd religion in the middle ages for its high intolerance of people who questioned their claims. I'm not literally burnt at a stake thankfully but it does feel odd when you get a 'care bear' social justice-orientated hive-mind that offers no rationale for what it is driving at and tries to paint you as a bad person for saying you don't accept their take: heretic/selfish, infidel/xenophobe, etc. So if you want diversity - tell us why - don't shout me down for questioning the emperor's new clothes.

Ah. So you’ve had a bad employment experience and it has clouded your judgement. Very understandable I suppose.
    As for the rest of your post, no offense but it’s a wall of nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Most of these 'refugees' come in on false documents. Passing through multiple safe countires to get to the golden ticket of Ireland.
    After a set time they can work, bring extended families and claim benefits. Even when caught out on lies/falsehoods they are not returned due to public backlash. Ireland is now starting to notice as so many are coming in. Never mind the "programme" refugees being brought in on a daily basis. Ireland will only change when they notice what happens when the hse is overun and housing is non-existent. By then it will be too late. When/IFF brexit happens it will be even worse. Nothing against actual people fearing persecution but those are far between.
    Source is me actually meeting/interacting with them everyday and seeing the actual numbers coming in monthly.

I actually thought this thread was about an issue specific to Wicklow Town but as is common around here it has morphed into a hate fest.
    I bid you fairwell, relax and chill, it’s all good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Trevorh4

Its crazy. i dont understand why the government is accepting so many asylum seekers. Can someone answer that for me? The majority are here collecting welfare, only a minor few seeking to better themselves with employment. As a recent presidential candidate said "we are becoming a welfare state". Many of these asylum seekers refer to Ireland as "Treasure Ireland".
    Tough times for the Irish tax payer.

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭revenent

Ah. So you’ve had a bad employment experience and it has clouded your judgement. Very understandable I suppose.
    As for the rest of your post, no offense but it’s a wall of nonsense.

Bringing nothing of note to a post other then calling it nonsense does not bring much to this thread anyway! Farewell

In general not being able to have a discussion unless it goes a certain way is why Wicklow will get away with this kind of thing.
    Diversity and welfare state is great, as long as if doesn't affect/effect the people fighting for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,047 ✭✭✭gw80

Trevorh4 wrote: »
    Its crazy. i dont understand why the government is accepting so many asylum seekers. Can someone answer that for me? The majority are here collecting welfare, only a minor few seeking to better themselves with employment. As a recent presidential candidate said "we are becoming a welfare state". Many of these asylum seekers refer to Ireland as "Treasure Ireland".

Two words, kelergi plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

gw80 wrote: »
    Two words, kelergi plan.

Two words - lizard people.

Trevorh4 wrote: »

What is your idea of so many? A few hundred or even thousand a year is nothing.
    Also, asylum seekers can't claim welfare. Maybe you are mixed up.

bubblypop wrote: »

What in this batch or over the last 10 years? Timeless please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭tonycascarino

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Unfortunately we live in Ireland where the instinct to be liked and approved of by other nations is strong.

It's far more important to be seen as "progressive", "liberal" or "not a racist" to many to the point that the consequences aren't just ignored, they aren't even considered - and woe betide anyone who DOES ask questions or raise concerns in this era of social media virtue signalling.

We seem to soak up this nonsense in this country to the point that it seems as if we're just another State in the good old US of A - where most of this comes from.

It wasn't too bad when this stuff was confined to the likes of Twitter and Facebook but had very little relevance beyond that, but now we have a Taoiseach obsessed with (social) media and spin and his own profile, and a political system and parties that are completely subservient to their EU "betters" (gotta get that sweet post domestic politics retirement plan!), and are in a position that these things take precedence over common sense and the long term welfare of the country and its citizens.

Most of these new migrants are welfare tourists with no marketable skills, suspect personal backgrounds, and cultural and religious traditions that are wholly incompatible with Western society. They represent nothing except a further strain on already stretched and finite resources (and let's not forget that we ALREADY contribute over half a billion euro annually in "foreign aid"), and bring all of the social and security problems they claim to be fleeing with them.

I personally want no part of it. We're not responsible for their domestic problems and we shouldn't be responsible for transplanting those issues here.

This will become THE election topic in the next decade the way things are going (and yet the advocates persist with the notion that "this time it'll be different!!") and if not managed properly now (assuming it's not already too late) we'll see the same extremist politics and internal problems we've seen in other European countries in the last few years.

Ireland is not special (except maybe as one of the few soft touch European countries left) and we will not be immune from the problems we have all seen elsewhere.

Excellent post. If I could thank this 1000 times I would.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭malinheader

bubblypop wrote: »

And when they are granted asylum they are entitled to claim welfare straight away. Correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Mutant z

Funny isnt itabout how many as soon as they have gained citizenship they hop on a plane back to Nigeria or wherever the hell else they supposedly fled from danger for a holiday is that not odd to say the least are we not been taken for mugs by absolute chancers here.

Odhinn wrote: »
    Two words - lizard people.

Are you saying the kelergi plan is not real?, a conspiracy theory?, doesn't exist?.

Excellent post. If I could thank this 1000 times I would.

Beginning to wonder is it corporate indoctrination at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Odhinn

Are you saying the kelergi plan is not real?, a conspiracy theory?, doesn't exist?.

In the sense you meant it, yep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,593 ✭✭✭cfuserkildare

So how many responses here are actually from Wicklow people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,386 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Two words, kelergi plan.

I had to google that. Jesus that's some weird ****. One of the more nuts conspiracy theories out there.

This is one of the first results in google
    https://www.quora.com/Is-the-Kalergi-plan-a-conspiracy-theory

Most of the results are far right websites, so that's one of the safer ones for people to click on, especially if they're in work.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

If the hotel in Wicklow isn't getting tourists it makes sense for the owners to try to rent it out for something else.

This isn't just a Wickla issue, there are plans to open a direct provision centre at the Shannon Key West Hotel in the village of Rooskey, on the Roscommon/Leitrim border.

The Department of Justice has had to find alternative accommodation as direct provision centres are now at full capacity.

At the beginning of this year, the Reception and Integration Agency published a notice in newspapers looking for businesses that were in a position to offer accommodation on behalf of the State.

The Grand Hotel in Wicklow town was one of those businesses.

There are around 35 direct provision centres across the country, accommodating almost 6,000 people who are seeking asylum.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1112/1010343-hotel-provision-centres/

Pressure on Ireland if Brexit happens
    There are between 400,000 and 800,000 so-called illegals from outside the European Economic Area living in the UK

Should the UK’s immigration regime even appear to tighten after Brexit “the most obvious option would be to seek to exploit the Common Travel Area and come to Ireland”.

Were even 1 per cent of these to come to Ireland and claim asylum it could mean an additional 6,000 applicants, the briefing report states.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/more-than-500-asylum-seekers-have-been-granted-work-permits-1.3590215

• Closed Accounts Posts: 456 ✭✭2013Lara

biko wrote: »
    If the hotel in Wicklow isn't getting tourists it makes sense for the owners to try to rent it out for something else.

This isn't just a Wickla issue, there are plans to open a direct provision centre at the Shannon Key West Hotel in the village of Rooskey, on the Roscommon/Leitrim border.

The Department of Justice has had to find alternative accommodation as direct provision centres are now at full capacity.

At the beginning of this year, the Reception and Integration Agency published a notice in newspapers looking for businesses that were in a position to offer accommodation on behalf of the State.o

The Grand Hotel in Wicklow town was one of those businesses.

There are around 35 direct provision centres across the country, accommodating almost 6,000 people who are seeking asylum.

https://www.rte.ie/news/2018/1112/1010343-hotel-provision-centres/

Pressure on Ireland if Brexit happens
    There are between 400,000 and 800,000 so-called illegals from outside the European Economic Area living in the UK

Should the UK’s immigration regime even appear to tighten after Brexit “the most obvious option would be to seek to exploit the Common Travel Area and come to Ireland”.

Were even 1 per cent of these to come to Ireland and claim asylum it could mean an additional 6,000 applicants, the briefing report states.
    https://www.irishtimes.com/news/social-affairs/more-than-500-asylum-seekers-have-been-granted-work-permits-1.3590215

Difference is that hotel was closed. The grand is a functioning hotel that only a couple of months ago was holding wedding fairs and taking bookings. They actually had a competition to win a wedding there within the past few months. They've stated that weddings and concerts and functions will go ahead as normal. Are they having a laugh? Complete lack of respect for both the people of the town and the asylum seekers. Fire-break hospitality should be ashamed of themselves with the way this has been handled.

There had been plans to provide buses and transport from the town to Glendalough which would have brought even more tourists in.

There are buildings around the town that are empty that would be better suited to the DP centre.

This could kill the local businesses. I could go on.

Grayson wrote: »
    I had to google that. Jesus that's some weird ****. One of the more nuts conspiracy theories out there.

This is one of the first results in google
    https://www.quora.com/Is-the-Kalergi-plan-a-conspiracy-theory

Most of the results are far right websites, so that's one of the safer ones for people to click on, especially if they're in work.
    Yea, the person who left that quote conveniently left out the second half of that quote.

"The Eurasian negroid race of the future, similar in its appearance to the ancient Egyptians, will replace the diversity of people's with a diversity of individuals"

Basically, the idea was, to flood Europe with people from Africa and breed indigenous Europeans out of existence.

Also look up who won the kelergi prize in 2010.
    Do other conspiracy theorys give out prizes?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Chinasea wrote: »
    It's about time we started to help and take a share. To-date we have certainly been extremely shy.

Sad to see so much begrudgery.
    Take a share?

A share of what, people who want a first world life instead of a third world life.
    The people to be accommodated in the hotel will be asylum seekers not anyone given any type of right to remain in Ireland.

A right to remain is for life not just a once off, you're responsible for education forever more and health care and accommodation for whoever you give this right to, that is after however many years they have been going through the 'system'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,838 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

So how many responses here are actually from Wicklow people?

Racist.

• Site Banned Posts: 11 Pentatonic Intonation

The refugee industry is booming. How do I get a slice of the pie?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭corks finest

Trailerr wrote: »
    Donegal is also getting 100 refugees before christmas

donegaldaily. com/inishowen-group-urges-public-to-welcome-100-asylum-seekers%2F&usg=AOvVaw3rt9qqqgEFeRfoLLE8Jman

"Inishowen Together have issued a statement extending a warm welcome to those arriving but criticised the direct provision system."

Same people on every thread on donegal related news asking about "housing our own" etc. Houses get offered out all the time and are turned down because they are in Donegal. And the instances of rough sleepers is nil in the county pretty much.

They never have a coherent point to make after that besides insisting the government should be housing the Irish homeless here ignoring the fact that it's been tried.
    I hope this is coherent enough for you,,,house Irish ppl first, haven't seen one Nigerian etc sleeping rough in my home town,end bloody foreign aid,and toughen up snowflake,charity begins at home,no where else. Don't give one iota of a feck what you say to this, small bit of honesty hurts ,I guess.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,702 ✭✭✭✭BoatMad

I hope this is coherent enough for you,,,house Irish ppl first, haven't seen one Nigerian etc sleeping rough in my home town,end bloody foreign aid,and toughen up snowflake,charity begins at home,no where else. Don't give one iota of a feck what you say to this, small bit of honesty hurts ,I guess.

Most irish people that are technically homeless, at least have a place to stay , Since Asylum seekers cant access the normal range of homelessness services, you have to house them somewhere , or do you suggest we let them sleep in the middle of roundabouts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,922 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Whilst I agree most of these people probably do need and deserve refuge. They should be sent to the doors or the bill should be sent to the US, UK , France etc etc who destabilised their countries of origin. It’s unfair the Irish people picking up the tab for this.

• Advertisement
Advertisement