Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Property Market in Waterford

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭TheQuietFella

hardybuck wrote: »
    Luas myself. If I had a space I wouldn't use it.

I'm living in BB so luas only on occasion!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,166 ✭✭✭Christy Browne

I'm living in BB so luas only on occasion!

Ballybeg is it? No wonder you can only get the Luas on occasion

• Closed Accounts Posts: 814 ✭✭✭debok

I thought twas ballybricken.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭engiweirdo

Housing situation is pretty grim above in Dublin, maybe he lives in a B&B. Not much need for a Luas from Gardiner Street.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,172 ✭✭✭hardybuck

engiweirdo wrote: »
    Housing situation is pretty grim above in Dublin, maybe he lives in a B&B. Not much need for a Luas from Gardiner Street.

The Red Line Luas actually crosses through Gardiner Street...

Getting back on track (excuse the pun) the rents in Waterford have risen 19.7% in 2018, ahead of the national average of 11.3%.

I think what you're seeing there is that the rental caps are slowing growth in the likes of Dublin, while prices in Waterford still had significant room from growth based upon how low they were for a number of years.

Doesn't appear as though there is a huge amount of supply coming on stream in 2019, so we should probably expect another year of double digit increases.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 109 ✭✭JimWinters

Saw this in August, sums up the rental market well: https://offices.sherryfitz.ie/waterford/waterford-rental-sector-analysis/

Advertisement