Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sportful Gran Fondo Feltre

Options
  • 12-11-2018 3:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

Hi
    Has anyone on here taken part in this Gran Fondo. I have it penciled in for next year. Looking for a few pointers regarding best place to stay and other climbs in area to do.
    I have done a good few Marmottes and the Stelvio Santini so wanted a new challenge and I have had this one on my bucket list the last couple of years.
    It will be even more special next year as the last mountain of next years Giro is near enough a replica of the course.
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭WMP

HI,

I have done it 3 times, the first in 2015. I live in Munich so can drive down there for the weekend. I have done a lot of events but this is probably the toughest. The full distance is 203km and about 4800hm. The Manghen is a long and tough climb.

But its a great event. It not too well known (compared to the Maratona Dles Dolomites) so its no problem getting a starting place. Its very well organised, very good food stations etc and you good value for money. This year we got a very nice jersey.

I havent done any other cycling in that area other than the event. I'v never managed to stay in Feltre. Its small and I'd say you have to book really early. We have always stayed 10 - 20km away but its easy and quick to drive in on the morning of the event and there is plenty of free parking.

So its tough, but its scenic with some great climbs and descents and I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Advertisement