Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Yet another recommend me a car thread

• 12-11-2018 6:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,479 ✭✭✭

So, my beloved bangernomics X-type Jag is on the way out. The Turbo actuator has given up the ghost. I am going to see if I can repair it - but everyone keeps telling me soz thats a new turbo.

The turbo itself is perfectly functional and when the blinking (pun intended) glow plugs light isn't on the thing drives like a dream. Turbo spins happily enough. I don't really think forking out for a new turbo which is more than I could buy a clean enough version of the same car is worth it. Given I've had it four years, and its been an absolute pleasure to drive, I think being so old and not worth the tax in the window I'm wondering should I change. Even though I love it so much.

I would love another Jaguar - particularly the XF - but the 3 litre one on the new tax.. But In my price rage I might be pushing it. I'm looking to spend about 6k on something.

I'd like something comfortable - must have leather, and some nice gadety things and I would love if it wasn't diesel but I probably won't get that. Hybrid is probably way out in that price range too.

I will not drive a BMW and I am not a fan of the Mercs either.

any suggestions? Am I just bat sh!t crazy for even considering it?

Comments

Advertisement