Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ghostly knocker...

Options
  • 12-11-2018 6:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19

Hi folks, I'm simply here because I cannot seem to ascertain what's happening around my house or why the following is happening?

We (my wife and two children) moved into our home 5 years ago this month from Dublin city. The home is relatively new (10 yrs) and is built in a rural part of Laois. We're approx 1000 yards from an old castle where there was a large battle about 400 years ago. Anyway! Over the past 5 years ago I have had quite a number of "experiences" here.

It all seemed to start with seeing someone out of the corner of my eye walk passed my back window (always the back) this has happened on more than 5 occasions. My mother in law moved next door 2 years ago and she has experienced the same thing, (sights, knocks on the back door), my wife has also expressed sightings....

My wife and I are both sceptics but are open minded enough at the same time. These scenarios have changed though. Last year whilst having a family meal mother in law included there was two loud knocks on my back kitchen window. Enough to make everyone jump with alarm, after that occasionally I would hear one loud knock always rushing out expecting a neighbour standing there.

Last night I got another two very abrupt knocks, so much so that I sprang up, asked the knocker to just wait as I got the door key from my front door. I opened the door to find nothing. There's no one playing pranks, I'm extremely rural, I have a high hedge, locked gate and cctv. Two years ago I was recording voice and piano and clearly recorded "I am waiting" on one of my tracks, it did not just sound like that... it was quite clear! And yes I was alone in the house!!!

Has anyone experienced anything like that? Am I crazy?! I would like to know, the lack of information from the web as brought me here. Thank you for any responses and taking the time to do so! Be blessed.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭judeboy101

Black Friday coming up buy some cheap cameras. There is a direct correlation between ghost/ufo/apparitions and the availability of digital cameras.

• Registered Users Posts: 475 ✭✭mickuhaha

It's not supernatural so knock that out of your head. If it's a person or animals you will get them on CCTV . Squirrels ,rats, bats, birds and other pests can make all kinds of strange sounds. it could be electronics or other items around the area. In the country side you can hear those loud microphones a good distance off . Have a look around the fields for security devices also the castle. Keep us appraised of the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,665 ✭✭✭✭maccored

It all seemed to start with seeing someone out of the corner of my eye walk passed my back window (always the back) this has happened on more than 5 occasions. My mother in law moved next door 2 years ago and she has experienced the same thing, (sights, knocks on the back door), my wife has also expressed sightings....

imo we're kinda designed to make sense of shapes, especially in peripheral vision. Is has been documented how the eye will make shapes appear humanoid, or make light and dark look like faces, because we live through social interaction. recognising humans is important. Sometimes though, your eyes pick things up wrong - particularly from the corner or the eye.
    My wife and I are both sceptics but are open minded enough at the same time. These scenarios have changed though. Last year whilst having a family meal mother in law included there was two loud knocks on my back kitchen window. Enough to make everyone jump with alarm, after that occasionally I would hear one loud knock always rushing out expecting a neighbour standing there.

Last night I got another two very abrupt knocks, so much so that I sprang up, asked the knocker to just wait as I got the door key from my front door. I opened the door to find nothing. There's no one playing pranks, I'm extremely rural, I have a high hedge, locked gate and cctv. Two years ago I was recording voice and piano and clearly recorded "I am waiting" on one of my tracks, it did not just sound like that... it was quite clear! And yes I was alone in the house!!!

To be fair, sounds out in the country arent that rare. I live in a rural enough area and there's always sounds in the air. I honestly wouldnt be too worried about knocking noises. Do you have the recording of the voice?

I had experiences in a house where i thought I was going mad so I know where you're coming from, and (I dont give a fig what anyone thinks) enough went on to prove to me that weird **** can very really happen - so im not trying to knock you. Its just theres no point freaking yourself out about something unless you have to.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,808 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Advertisement