Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"A device attached to the system is not functioning"

Options
  • 12-11-2018 6:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭

Hi, i'd appreciate any guidance with this

My PC was recently reset after a litany of problems (its 3-4 years old) and at the weekend i went to download WinRar (and similar programs) and every time i went to launch these the message from the title pops up.

I have gone on Device Manager, Troubleshooting and nothing is working right now. I dont have anything connected to the laptop. So i dont really know what the problem is or what to do about it.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

All errors would be registered in Event Viewer , Reliability Monitor would be other place to look.
    Right click Start menu >> select Run >> type perfmon /rel and hit Enter.

Look for details of your trouble by double clicking on item of interest, research causes and solutions

It sounds like failing component or missing/incorrect driver. This would include , but not limited to:
    Network adapters(WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth)
    Display adapter
    Sound controller
    Printers

Advertisement