Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kindles in Cork City?

Options
  • 12-11-2018 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭

I don't have the time to buy online as I'm going travelling. Anyone know the best deals in the City at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Argos is probably your best bet if you want it quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭theglobe

Argos is probably your best bet if you want it quickly.

They seem to be sold out in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

theglobe wrote: »
    They seem to be sold out in town.

Get one in the airport?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

I don't have the time to buy online as I'm going travelling. Anyone know the best deals in the City at the moment?
    Is this the Kindle reader or Fire tablet you're looking for?

muffler wrote: »

Open minded.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭donegal_man

It's just a thought but if all you want is a tablet you can read on then just get a cheap android and download an app that can handle a variety of e-book formats. Personal favourite, FB Reader

It's just a thought but if all you want is a tablet you can read on then just get a cheap android and download an app that can handle a variety of e-book formats. Personal favourite, FB Reader

Where can I get the books on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Where can I get the books on it?

Any online shop, Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Google e-books are the three biggies plus Project Gutenberg for free classics or non copyright in a variety of formats. Just download and open in the app. Take a look at bookbub for daily offers from different retailers. Alternatively install the kindle app.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭7aubzxk43m2sni

I'd go for the kindle ebook rather than the tablet if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 46,128 ✭✭✭✭muffler

muffler wrote: »
    Open minded.
    There were a good few kindles and tablets in different Argos stores around Cork yesterday evening when I looked.

• Advertisement
Advertisement