Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Demister adjustable screws

• 12-11-2018 7:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

It's a little out there but hear me out.
    I'm installing fog lights on the car and want to keep the dash looking stock. I have acquired a demister switch that will fit perfectly into a blank in the dash.
    However, there are 2 adjustable screws on the bottom of the switch. I'm guessing as it's a demister, it's some sort of timer to automatically switch off after X amount of minutes. But I'm wondering why there is 2 of them. Would have only expected one.

Will my fog lights time out after 5 mins :pac:

s-l1600.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭Stoolbend

They’re not screws. They’re bulb holders.

One for the back light and one for the warning lamp in the switch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭Magown3

Stoolbend wrote: »
    They’re not screws. They’re bulb holders.

One for the back light and one for the warning lamp in the switch.

Damn Son, you just blew my mind, lol.

Didn't even think of that.

Advertisement