Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Challenge Madrid - Half & Full 2019

• 12-11-2018 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

Way ahead of myself here but I'm in for the half.
    Reservoir swim
    Mountainous bike
    City run

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1 jay sea

Good luck with it.

I did the full over there in 2017. It was the first year Challenge ran it, so a few teething issues, which I think have been resolved. Despite living on my bike over the Wicklow and Dublin mountains for months in the lead up, I found the bike incredibly tough. 3,000m of climbing in the first 90km. I believe they have changed the run slightly to be more city based.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭and still ricky villa

Part of the reason I went for the half. The full bike course is listed as 2400m climbing.
    The half is 'only' 1000m.

I've relations in Madrid so it'll be my first test of racing abroad and travelling with a bike. Having somewhere to stay and someone with local knowledge eases the burden a little

Advertisement