Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Friday 23rd November 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 23,538 ✭✭✭✭ted1

tonc76 wrote: »
    B22 are regular bulbs great for ceiling lighting. Spots at GU10

B22 for ceilings are generally globe like the hue white ones. But the colours ones are directional so are probably better in spot. / desk luminaries etc

Are the colour ones any good for filling a room or does the light get thrown down ?

I know what gu10 are.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,794 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

ted1 wrote: »
    B22 for ceilings are generally globe like the hue white ones. But the colours ones are directional so are probably better in spot. / desk luminaries etc

Are the colour ones any good for filling a room or does the light get thrown down ?

Do you mean the colour B22/E27 bulbs? They are excellent at filling a room with light. As good as the white only and white ambiance. I use them for all my Bulb lights.

4 Colour GU10's in the living room too, very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

lordgoat wrote: »
    Robo-Vac.... fingers crossed.

There's a few of them on now

11c is 179.99

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭Roddylarge

limnam wrote: »
    There's a few of them on now

11c is 179.99

I’ve taken the plunge on one of these. It gets good enough reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,171 ✭✭✭limnam

Roddylarge wrote: »
    I’ve taken the plunge on one of these. It gets good enough reviews.

Xmas present for the missus. :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,588 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

matrim wrote: »
    Finally gave in and got the ring doorbell 2. I've only been talking about getting one for 2 years.

Do they need to be powered off a socket?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Hue 2m light strip plus a motion sensor for £59.99. The motion sensor is essentially bundled in for free.

Amazon hue strip light and motion sensor

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭mossym

No, straight from a transformer in your fusebox. The kit on sale comes with it

• Registered Users Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

The 2 can be run off battery or wired. The pro must be wired

• Advertisement

yup, i was only thinking of the pro as that that's what i've ordered

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭09_09_09

mossym wrote: »
    yup, i was only thinking of the pro as that that's what i've ordered

Is there a big difference between Pro and Doorbell 2?

I cannot decide which one I should go for :o

No, straight from a transformer in your fusebox. The kit on sale comes with it

Probably a stupid question but how do you wire it into the fuse box?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,990 ✭✭✭68 lost souls

09_09_09 wrote: »
    Is there a big difference between Pro and Doorbell 2?

I cannot decide which one I should go for :o

The door bell 2 is massive the pro is a better size. Pro has to be hard wired

Probably a stupid question but how do you wire it into the fuse box?

Have you an existing doorbell? It goes to a transformer in your fusebox box. Replace that one and good to go

But, if you don't mind me saying, if you have to ask that you need to get a sparky in to do it for you. It's connected to mains supply

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭paddyman

ted1 wrote: »
    3 hues and a hub for 80

Philips Hue White and Colour Ambiance Wireless Lighting B22 Bayonet Cap Starter Kit, 3 x Philips Hue 9 W B22 Richer Colour Bulbs, 1 x Hue Bridge 2.0, Apple Home Kit Enabled, Works with Alexa https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01LF9G9HC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_Vu09Bb6TSGXXN

Are these any good as ceiling lights or just for spots ?

Damn, missed this, its back up to full price. If anyone else spots a good deal on a Philips Hue starter kit please post :)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,662 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Credit to Invincible over on Bargain Alerts

Sonoff S26 UK 10A Mini Wifi Smart Socket
    Use code SONOFFS26 to get it for €6.16.

https://www.geekbuying.com/item/Sono...ug-410547.html

Have you an existing doorbell? It goes to a transformer in your fusebox box. Replace that one and good to go

But, if you don't mind me saying, if you have to ask that you need to get a sparky in to do it for you. It's connected to mains supply

If you kill the power at fuse box it it safe to wire up then?

• Registered Users Posts: 692 ✭✭✭jmBuildExt

Not everyone has these....
    OP, Posh houses ( :) ) in the 70s/80s had a doorbell hardwired in often as part of the electrical installation. There would be a big fat AC/DC transformer in the fuse box cabinet to provide power and a bell on one of the walls, usually in the hall - the button on your door would simply close the circuit for the bell to ring.
    If you have one of these you will have a handy source of DC power at your front door.

jmBuildExt wrote: »
    If you have one of these you will have a handy source of DC power at your front door.

except the ring needs a different dc supply (16-24V) than your standard bell so needs a different transformer, standard transformers in the "posh" houses don't have the juice to run it. hence why i said it would need to be changed.

plenty of info, and recommended transformers in the ring thread
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057679908

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭paulbok

Just to note the transformer comes with the Ring pro doorbell.

my ring doorbell arrived yesterday, transformer swapped out today (existing one had 24V option but swapped for the one that came with the ring anyway, bypassed the existing chime, and installed the doorbell. all up and running in no time. very impressed, kids love it, bit of a delay, and definitely need to adjust the sensitivity but if anyone is waiting on one you won't be disappointed

not sure if it is still reduced but if it is and anyone considering i'd jump on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

Not so much a home automation deal, but since everything will be connected to it I picked up a ubiquiti ac-hd access point in the Amazon warehouse sale. Can support up to 500 clients so I have plenty of room to grow.

• Registered Users Posts: 69,011 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not sure if its Black Friday specifically but Electric Ireland are throwing a Home Mini in with Nest installs now (which were already dirt cheap, 130 installed).

Advertisement