Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liable for 4404 on rental income of 5619

• 12-11-2018 10:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭

I'm a PAYE worker but rented out my apartment for 6 months last year earning 5619 after expenses. I expected to pay the higher rate of income tax plus whatever else on this but when I put my income into ros.ie it's telling me I am liable for about 80% of it. Can someone help me understand where this number comes from at a high level. I've never had to declare income before so don't know where to start :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

I'm a PAYE worker but rented out my apartment for 6 months last year earning 5619 after expenses. I expected to pay the higher rate of income tax plus whatever else on this but when I put my income into ros.ie it's telling me I am liable for about 80% of it. Can someone help me understand where this number comes from at a high level. I've never had to declare income before so don't know where to start :confused:

https://imgur.com/a/hK35osu

Why do you not have a paye employee tax credit of 1650?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 110 ✭✭tax_tutor1

You are entitled to either employee tax credit (not if your own company) or earned income tax credit- this should reduce income tax figure but not PRSI or USC. Tick relevant box on form.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭NotVeryHappy

Thanks so much! Completely missed that box amongst everything

Advertisement