Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whistleblower: Maurice McCabe

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

The top brass look like a corrupt South American military outfit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 52,134 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

The top brass look like a corrupt South American military outfit

The top brass were all hand picked by politicians depending on which party they supported and who was in power.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭gw80

Mrsmum wrote: »
    Can I ask why is the State responsible for paying for Martin Callinan's legal fees in the civil case McCabe is taking against him? Callinan was found to have been engaged in a campaign of calumny while serving in the top job of AGS. This was a solo run of his own which surely broke the terms of his contract. He should not get another cent from the State imo and consider himself lucky not to be locked up for slander of the vilest order.
    This being ireland, he probably has a lot of dirt on some high up people, probably calling in some "favours" as we speak.

A Nasty nasty state

• Registered Users Posts: 5,472 ✭✭✭brooke 2

But Mc Cabe said that those who did went behind the backs of the garda who issued them so I thought it had to have been a higher rank.

I understood the gardaí who cancelled the points had to be at least at inspector level.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭djPSB

A Nasty nasty state

Only the tip of the iceberg. So much corruption going uncovered and unpunished.

Only for Maurice McCabe's determination and stubborness this would all have gone uncovered too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,935 ✭✭✭TallGlass

It's absolutely disgraceful that people who swore an oath to protect life, nearly pushed one man to the edge and take his own life. To anyone involved in this at any level would want to hang there heads in shame. Your a disgrace and discussing and not fit to wear the same uniform as that man. The mind wonders if this is how far they go against a fellow Garda, would they have any respect for members of the public.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

I wonder do Callinan and the rest feel any guilt when they hear his wife recall how he pointed to a tree that he said he was going to hang himself from.

Unlikely.

Grotesque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,512 ✭✭✭Wheety

Here's the Tusla crap. I don't believe this things were accidents.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just how can an allegation of sex abuse be the result of a copy and paste error?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,535 ✭✭✭Silentcorner

A Nasty nasty state

We have a veneer of respectability...thats the main thing...we look like we are a functioning state.

We have a very nasty underside, we can't blame the church or the Brits anymore!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

Mistakes my bollox

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Just how can an allegation of sex abuse be the result of a copy and paste error?

A 110 page copy and paste error? I have heard of some errors in my time. Not one like that.

Not a chance it was a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,722 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

Who were the previous social workers in Tusla?

Fitzgerald the most incompetent Minister for Justice ever.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Let me get this right; 110 pages of allegations against someone who wasn't G McC was copied and pasted accidentally into the old Ms D file which had been found to be unfounded? Is that what Tusla claimed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,151 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

Discusting revolting behaviour from people who didn't like being caught . Shame shame shame on them

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,480 ✭✭✭bloodless_coup

They had statements from his own children in the file. How was that a copy paste error?

Where would the Tusla lies originate from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Criminal informer

There's a block buster movie here!

Fcuking hell how did he survive all this ****.

You couldn't believe a copy/paste job.

Gangsters wouldn't get a look into this sh!te.

Members of the public wouldn't have a hope of a complaint against a Garda member, if they done this to one of their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Let me get this right; 110 pages of allegations against someone who wasn't G McC was copied and pasted accidentally into the old Ms D file which had been found to be unfounded? Is that what Tusla claimed?

No - I think they're saying one allegation was copied & pasted by mistake and it grew and grew as that file was passed along to more people

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Jeff2

I felt like ringing Maurice there to say "turn off your phone".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭AllForIt

RTE should be commened for their reporting in all this from the beginning including their Prime Time pieces and this doc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,380 ✭✭✭STB.

Sequence of errors my hole.

There is an element of complicity that may never be proven, due mainly no doubt to the more unbelievable than coincidental destroying of evidence including that held on sequential police commissioners mobile telephones.

To the guards that posted on the original thread on McCabe and O Sullivan and continue to post trying to sully the man, I must say to ye, you have no credibility.

A lot of trust in our police force, its management and what the ordinary folk could expect in their dealings with AGS was lost the day that people realised that if this is what they can do to one of their own, what chance has a civilian. Only now many are learning of the extent of what went on, due to simplicity of RTE's presented programme.

The Minister for Justice should have stepped in a more heavy handed way a long time ago. This is not a Police State.

Thought they should have mentioned Clare Daly being pulled over and arrested, twice, Ming being followed and Enda Kenny saying it was "probably because he looked like drug dealer" and Alan Shatter using Mick Wallace's private details live on RTE, after they raised the penalty points in the Dail. Just shows they tried to go after anyone who stood up to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭EPAndlee

I do wonder how far the cover ups go or what are they covering up

There's a block buster movie here!

Fcuking hell how did he survive all this ****.

You couldn't believe a copy/paste job.

Gangsters wouldn't get a look into this sh!te.

Members of the public wouldn't have a hope of a complaint against a Garda member, if they done this to one of their own.

That's the really scary thing McCabe has some insight into the state operation

a Joe Soap would get buried and worse

They haven't mentioned the strange coincidence of all the mobile phones and laptops being lost.

the former commissioner should be jailed

Loved him saying "it's ****ing over".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Blood is boiling here watching this. Any Minister with a shred of a brain cell should see that this was a black and white case. McCabe diligently produced the evidence and was stonewalled by an arrogant top brass.

Heads should roll but of course they wont.

Advertisement