Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Questions on charitable donation.

• 13-11-2018 1:13am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 400 ✭✭

Hi

I want to make a donation to a charity and I want to ensure I'm filling in the tax forms correctly so that the charity gets the maximum benefit from the donation.

I'm a PAYE taxpayer but I also rent out my apartment. The apartment is fully tax compliant. As a PAYE person can I just fill in a CHY4 form and let the charity claim the relief or is it something to do with the form 11 I fill in when I declare my rental income. I'm afraid that I pay very little tax on the apartment income and the charity will get very little tax back so I'd prefer to use a CHY4 form if legal and possible.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭huskerdu

Just sign and send back the CHY4 to the charity. There is nothing else for you to do and the apartment income is probably relevant.

If you gave €250 to the charity, they can claim approx €80 of your tax back, unless you paid less than that in total income tax for the year.

Advertisement