Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beat sim only plan or prepay in Dublin

Options
  • 13-11-2018 10:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭

Hi,

Looking for the best/cheapest all inclusive plan or prepay to use in Dublin.
    It must include also EU roaming.

I see a lot at 15 euro per month (Tesco and Lyca)

Any recommendations?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭babelfish1990

cargen wrote: »
    Hi,

Looking for the best/cheapest all inclusive plan or prepay to use in Dublin.
    It must include also EU roaming.

I see a lot at 15 euro per month (Tesco and Lyca)

Any recommendations?

Best is not necessarily the same as cheapest. Not much point getting the cheapest if their network is unusable or roaming doesnt work. Avoid Three and all their re-sellers (MVNOs) such as Tesco & Lyca who use their network. It is totally congested in many areas, particularly in Dublin.

That leaves you with Eir & Vodafone. Both have good networks and EU roaming that works. Eir SIM-only with 20GB and unlimited calls/texts is €9.99pm for 6 months if you are in a position to bundle with fibre broadband/TV. €19.99pm after 6 months.

If you aren't in a position to bundle, eir prepay might be a better deal - 20GB, unlimited calls for €20 (28 days). Free YouTube & Social Networks in addition to your 20GB.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,740 ✭✭✭Xterminator

As someone who currently has users on both 48 months and tesco, in Dublin i have no issues with network. data is fine , Tesco is now4G, & 48 months 3G and price is right, coverage is good in Dublin. Indeed better than vodafone in my estate.

I reckon the 48 months offer for 10 euro a month is pretty good now, as they increased the data allowance to 3gb a month.
    Tesco mobile plan is 15 euro topup, give you 15GB and calls, so your 15 euro credit is not used. so at moment tesco is better.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,836 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

Tesco mobile plan is 15 euro topup, give you 15GB and calls, so your 15 euro credit is not used. so at moment tesco is better.

That's not entirely correct...

Old 3G Tesco: 15 top up, keep all of top up, 10GB + calls

New 4G Tesco: 15 top up, keep five for 28 days, 15GB + calls

Anyone joining Tesco since September is on the 4G plan.

Advertisement