Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TrustVet / Monthly payments for vet bills

Options
  • 13-11-2018 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Has anyone used this TrustVet system yet? A few vets near me have it, and it seems to be a bill splitting thing. It sounds too good to be true and I can't find any reviews.

My lovely boy is getting older it sounds like it would be good if there are more regular checkups for him.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,688 ✭✭✭VonVix

Just had a look, it looks like it's a booking system for (veterinary type) businesses. It doesn't look like it's for client personal use?

[Dog Training + Behaviour Nerd]

• Registered Users Posts: 3 frank_n_beans

The company is software/finance but the looks of it, but pet owners sign up. These two in Limerick use it - Rockhall and Monaleen vets.

I don't know if it's worth it or not and was hoping to hear some first-hand experiences.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

With the exception of the referral hospitals we've been to..the other vets we've gone to have allowed payment in instalments. Is it the payment plan thing where you pay so much a month and it covers you for annual vaccinations, wormers and stuff like that? Our vet has one of them too - they have a sticker on the floor about it where Bailey always sits lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3 frank_n_beans

That's the one. It's not insurance but includes those regular/annual fees. I wonder if anyone has tried it?

Bailey sounds like a very Good Dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭tk123

hehe he's a divil :D

I guess if you buy wormers, flea treatments from your vet as apposed to online then you'd save money - my friend wouldn't buy stuff like that online so they thought the plan was great. If it's just in case you might need extra visits maybe put the money by instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,189 ✭✭✭boomerang

Our practice offer this... There's no catch! Great way to spread the cost of vet care throughout the year and of course with free consults, discounts on food, services etc. it's a saving too.

I actually joined up for my senior dog and it has saved me money already on blood tests, dental work etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭chooey

Yep the practice that I work in offers this. There is literally no catch to it. I find it amazing for clients as usually the most expensive part is your consult fee

Advertisement