Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rugby pub Killarney

Options
  • 13-11-2018 11:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭

Hi folks. Going to be in Killarney this weekend and was hoping somebody could recommend a good bar to watch the Ireland V All Black's game.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

Hi folks. Going to be in Killarney this weekend and was hoping somebody could recommend a good bar to watch the Ireland V All Black's game.

KTown bar, the Laune, the kube, tatler Jack, scotts bar big screen outside, McSorleys big screen out the back.

None of the above would be a "rugby bar" but I've watched games in them all and they're good.

KTown probably the most popular these days to watch sport in, big screens and plenty of space but can get very busy.

The Laune is small and is affiliated with the killarney rugby club lads so might have a few heads in.

The kube is more of a late disco bar but I've watched a lot of soccer and rugby games there, volume always up, loads of screens, sometimes they have drink promotions and hot food at half time, cocktail sausages etc.

Tatler Jack is a crokes gaa bar but again has a big screen and will have a good atmosphere.

Scotts and McSorleys are usually wedged for games so wouldn't be my preference tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

+1 for Tatler Jacks, just off the beaten track so better chance of getting a seat, staff are sound and the grub in there is very good.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

Cheers lads. Some great info there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

+1 for Tatler Jacks, just off the beaten track so better chance of getting a seat, staff are sound and the grub in there is very good.

it certainly is not off the beaten track

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Benildus wrote: »
    it certainly is not off the beaten track

"Just".

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 336 ✭✭Benildus

"Just".

Even Plunkett street isn't 'just'

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kerry37

What pub did you watch the game in?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭questionmark?

kerry37 wrote: »
    What pub did you watch the game in?

Ktown. Nice place, decent crowd, big screen and had an atmosphere. Thanks for the suggestions lads!!!

Advertisement