Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Form 11 - Options and RSUs

Options
  • 13-11-2018 1:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

Having to do a form 11 for the first time this year, due to selling some options and RSUs from my employer in 2017, neither of which I'd done before. Just trying to figure out how to fill in the relevant bits.

I exercised and sold a number of options on the same day, and filed an RTSO1 at the time. I also sold a number of RSUs which had vested the previous year. My employer withheld income tax, PRSI and USC when the RSUs vested.

As far as I can see, there are three relevant boxes on the form 11:

1. PAYE/BIK/Pensions: Share Options Exercised: Total Chargeable Amount (€)
    This is presumably the spread on the options, i.e. what I received from the sale before paying back the RTSO?

2. PAYE/BIK/Pensions: Share Options Exercised: RTSO Paid (€)
    This is presumably the amount I sent back with my RTSO1?

3. Capital Gains: Details of Assets Disposed of: Aggregate Consideration (€)
    Is this (1) + my income from the RSUs? Or (1)-(2) + my income from the RSUs? Or something else?

Anything else I need to consider? Thanks!

Advertisement