Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Will there be any solution to the tesco mobile issue

Options
  • 13-11-2018 2:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi there, so my card was recently blocked due to suspicious activity. However I never received notification of this. After some frustration in trying to figure out why my card wasn't working I rang customer care. They said I should of received a text notification telling me that my card was locked. The reason I didnt is because I'm on tesco mobile and due to some disagreement between tesco mobile and BOI they won't allow texts from BOI. The customer care rep was completely un aware of this. How can I operate with BOI if I can't receive important information over text and how can customer care staff not know about the issues with Tesco mobile?? 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 991 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Darren

fingo86 wrote: »
    Hi there, so my card was recently blocked due to suspicious activity. However I never received notification of this. After some frustration in trying to figure out why my card wasn't working I rang customer care. They said I should of received a text notification telling me that my card was locked. The reason I didnt is because I'm on tesco mobile and due to some disagreement between tesco mobile and BOI they won't allow texts from BOI. The customer care rep was completely un aware of this. How can I operate with BOI if I can't receive important information over text and how can customer care staff not know about the issues with Tesco mobile?? 

Hi fingo86,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    I'd ask you to contact your network provider as there should be nothing restricting these text messages being sent out to you. We've not changed the way we send out any of our text messages so they should reach you once we have the correct phone number for you.
    Also I'd ask you to confirm your email address through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile. As our card security team would also send out emails in case's like this once we have a valid email address.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 fingo86

Hi fingo86,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.
    I'd ask you to contact your network provider as there should be nothing restricting these text messages being sent out to you. We've not changed the way we send out any of our text messages so they should reach you once we have the correct phone number for you.
    Also I'd ask you to confirm your email address through the "Ask a question" section within the "Service Desk" tab of your 365 online profile. As our card security team would also send out emails in case's like this once we have a valid email address.

Thanks again,
    Darren.

Hi Darren.

My email address is correct. I have already spoken with tesco mobile and they have said that it's due to a disagreement over pricing with Bank of Ireland. Tesco mobile have confirmed that they do not allow bank of ireland messages through. I feel like this is something that BOI customer care should be aware of. I have met BOI personnel in branches who were aware if this situation with Tesco mobile so it is known at some levels apparently. Maybe you should investigate it further, I have no doubt that senior management are aware.

Regards
    Niall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi Niall,

Thank you for updating us on your situation. I will absolutely forward this on. We will investigate this with our support teams as this has not been confirmed with us.

If you have any other issues, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Thanks,

Lorna

Advertisement