Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Page speed insights

• 13-11-2018 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

I noticed since the new update its been a bit of headache keeping my sites at a anyway decent score. Before the new update I was getting between 86-98 on my own site depending on my server. It would been 100 if it wasn't for google analytics.

Got a shock yesterday when I realised my score was 43. Anyway after pulling my hair out for a few hours I found it it was a youtube video embedded on the homepage doing the damage. Once I removed the video it jumped back up to 77.

I knew you took a small hit for embedding youtube videos. But taking a hit of 34 for a youtube video is unbelievable. I'm pretty sure it wasn't that severe before the new updates. Ill be going back to vimeo for sure.

Have to say though I always found it strange google seems to punish you most for using their products. Youtube and google analytics

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭wonga77

I think page speed insights are pretty harsh with their scoring, I prefer webpagetest.org

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 63 ✭✭ThrowinShapes

I agree that webpagetest.org is something I'd pay more attention to. PageSpeed has some interesting metrics and tips for improvement, but for the sake of your sanity try running youtube.com through it.

I used this as a replacement to the GA snippet, and it worked well if you're interested in removing that pesky message from PageSpeed https://github.com/jehna/ga-lite

Advertisement