Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Kamil Grabara is off to somewhere far away on loan, forget which league. So Caoimhin Kelleher is the defacto No 3 keeper.

Some Polish language twitter accounts seem to be suggesting Aarhus in Denmark, few tabloids also pointing at Rangers on loan.

Either way, good news for Kelleher.

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Knex. wrote: »
    What the absolute **** is this from TAW? Are they on crack?

https://twitter.com/twosilvas/status/1081340887140048896

Neil Atkinson completely loses the run of himself once in a while. It seems to be happening more frequently too. Probably the result of no one ever challenging him. When you put out as much content as they do you need people that can talk endlessly but the problem with that is you end up repeating yourself a fair bit and talking complete arse once in a while too. I like Neil for the most part but they really need someone to challenge his more "out there" statements now and again. It would make for better shows as well. Nobody wants to listen to everyone agreeing all the time.

EDIT: I hadn't seen Fromvert's post and wrote pretty much exactly the same thing as him. Sorry about that, Fromvert.

........of being behind Karius in the team. ....

Mig is nowhere near as bad as Karius. Karius was brutal in the LFC shirt.....mig was credible to good often and never had the luxury to play behind virgil for too many games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Bring back Adam Bogdan (still technically on liverpool's books!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Never a big fan of TAW to be honest, I enjoy the Redmen.tv a bit more to be honest (and they have their mad moments also) but as so called "fan channels" they would be my go to...

Really like that Mignolet interview, proper team player, he knows the results speak for themselves, I know he will probably move during the summer but we had some good moments with him there...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,428 ✭✭✭facehugger99

If some of the lads on here **** their pants, they'd probably find some way to blame it on Lovern.

He's the best 4th choice CB in world football.

Fact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    LOL, crystal meth I'd say!

Are they journos or is it a parody?
    jpboard1 wrote: »
    I presume it has to be a parody?

Unfortunately not a parody. That's Melissa Reddy with them.

If some of the lads on here **** their pants, they'd probably find some way to blame it on Lovern.

Fact.

Who is our third choice centre back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭ush

TAW = social media entrepeneurs.

They're all selling noise, so you don't have to be alone with your inner monologue.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭klose

Like the anfield wrap lads but that's obviously a load of nonsense, I follow most of em on twitter and your man Sean Rodgers I think was giving out about how much city watered the pitch? I mean being the home team you can do what you want so it's absolutely sh!te talk. I'd like to think we would do the same thing if we thought it would benefit us.

Anyways someones unusual musings don't represent the entire fan base but hey I've already seen a few click bait articles saying 'Liverpool fans complain about grass length'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Fact.

Grand.....hopefully the other lads stay fit for the rest of the season - that will eventually make your statement of him being 4th choice truthful.

https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/liverpool-divock-origi-transfer-189486

Not sure about this one if true, Sportsjoe lump of salt required, it leaves us very barebones, or could we have someone on the way in who will integrate straight away?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 33,338 CMod ✭✭✭✭ShamoBuc

Fact.

Not a fact really.

He generally plays before Matip, so he's really our 3rd choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 61,012 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Breaking transfer rumour news - Liverpool are in for a 20 year old and playing for Trabzonspor - Abdulkadir Omur who is a midfielder with lots of shimmying dribbles and early shots but his actual end product is only average at best 2 goals and 3 assists so far this season. This what the guardian wrote about him in 2017 in their young players to watch feature. I do not see the Messi comparisons if they were ever true, he plays from far too deep for that.

How many the next next next Messi's have the club bought now?

I know that reporter say he doesn't see however nearly every other write up say the Turkish Messi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,310 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Fieldog wrote: »
    https://www.sportsjoe.ie/football/liverpool-divock-origi-transfer-189486

Not sure about this one if true, Sportsjoe lump of salt required, it leaves us very barebones, or could we have someone on the way in who will integrate straight away?

Werner deal must be done if that is true

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭Blondie919

What if Moreno scored an OG, gave away a penalty, got sent off and lost us the game v Wolves? Would I be upset?

I would only be if he was still a Liverpool player come the first of February!

Letting Origi go for £15m to Fulham in this market especially after seeing Solanke leave for £19m you would hope the club would get a first refusal on Sessegnon inserted in that deal.

Werner deal must be done if that is true

Thought his preference was Bayern?

If Klopp and Edwards can get this one over the line that's a big statement of intent...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,189 ✭✭✭mosstin

Owl. wrote: »
    Neil Atkinson completely loses the run of himself once in a while. It seems to be happening more frequently too. Probably the result of no one ever challenging him. When you put out as much content as they do you need people that can talk endlessly but the problem with that is you end up repeating yourself a fair bit and talking complete arse once in a while too. I like Neil for the most part but they really need someone to challenge his more "out there" statements now and again. It would make for better shows as well. Nobody wants to listen to everyone agreeing all the time.

EDIT: I hadn't seen Fromvert's post and wrote pretty much exactly the same thing as him. Sorry about that, Fromvert.

You should change your user name to parrot.

mosstin wrote: »
    You should change your user name to parrot.

:D
    It's weird how alike the posts are and I honestly hadn't read his one before I posted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Letting Origi go for £15m to Fulham in this market especially after seeing Solanke leave for £19m you would hope the club would get a first refusal on Sessegnon inserted in that deal.

Only 18 months left in his contract might have something to do with it.

Would think that it would be a bit daft to let him go now unless Klopp really doesn't think he can contribute.

Origi will always be a hero for that goal against Everton.

Would think that it would be a bit daft to let him go now unless Klopp really doesn't think he can contribute.

If he going and Solanke is now gone you would have to imagine a player is lined up to come in.

All joking aside the club can't rely on Sturridge being the only striking back up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

Thought his preference was Bayern?

If Klopp and Edwards can get this one over the line that's a big statement of intent...

Red Bulls owner wants him to go to Bayern. He is very good friends with Honess and has business contacts to the Bayern Basketball and Ice Hockey teams in Munich. Red Bull sponsor and own their stadium....

However Werner isnt too pushed. Liverpool have made an offer.....others from England too however local journalists in Liepzig are saying its a new contract or Liverpool....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Remember when Paul Konchesky was left full?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

This time out is brought to you be the people from the " remember how bad things were once upon a time" corporation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Some difference from going to the effervescent Wolves last summer and now probably getting relegated this summer.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,206 ✭✭✭fyfe79

Origi will always be a hero for that goal against Everton.

If Liverpool win the league by a point, does he get a medal?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭robwen

sweetie wrote: »
    Some difference from going to the effervescent Wolves last summer and now probably getting relegated this summer.

I'd imagine he would probably refuse the move again

fyfe79 wrote: »

I don't think so. You need 5 appearances, don't you? If he leaves now he won't make 5. Winning the league is a long way off yet before I get fans of other teams accusing me of losing the run of myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,558 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Needs to have at least 5 appearances, i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,738 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Just in case anyone is wondering and/or worrying.....

Mahrez starts for City today :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Most Minutes Mahrez

I see the U18s have been in Germany playing an indoor tournie and have only gone and won the ruddy thing

https://twitter.com/mbfussball?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Eauthor

I don't think so. You need 5 appearances, don't you? If he leaves now he won't make 5. Winning the league is a long way off yet before I get fans of other teams accusing me of losing the run of myself.

Ah yeah, was more a rhetorical question, really. I think clubs can probably request more medals beyond the squad allocation from the FA at a cost if they really wanted to, as a token gesture.

We paid 40m for Ox with a year left on his. Origi isn't great though since that injury v everton.

Augeo wrote: »
    We paid 40m for Ox with a year left on his. Origi isn't great though since that injury v everton.

I think I read Fulham want him for £15m but Liverpool are looking for closer to £25m, would think there'd be plenty of other interest in him from likes of Newcastle Huddersfield etc. would have to be a very good offer surely for Liverpool to sell in January like the Solanke one was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,328 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Liverpool have ruffled Neil Warnock again

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46771871

He's got a serious bee in his bonnet about Liverpool anyway. Last week he twice mentioned Salah's penalty (the previous week) as being a dive in his post match interview even though it had nothing to do with him. The first time he mentioned it I thought maybe it just popped out without thinking too much, but he returned to it a minute later, and again mentioned Salah by name, so he definitely wanted a dig.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

He's got a serious bee in his bonnet about Liverpool anyway. Last week he twice mentioned Salah's penalty (the previous week) as being a dive in his post match interview even though it had nothing to do with him. The first time he mentioned it I thought maybe it just popped out without thinking too much, but he returned to it a minute later, and again mentioned Salah by name, so he definitely wanted a dig.

Fu#k Warnock the snarly dinosaur manager of relegation fodder!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭mightyreds

rob316 wrote: »
    OMG stupid looserpool fans think they'll win the league

You can feel it just building in the air can't you , other teams fans building us up to the high heavens saying it's basically over but secretly waiting , they peaked too soon with the Kevin Keagan/Klopp pictures using them while we are still 4 ahead , I'd say they had those pics made weeks ago and couldnt wait a few more weeks or months to unload and just look stupid now with them while we are still in the driving seat ,they won't have the same effect if we blow it now

• Advertisement

That's the same story as yesterday

Trabzonspor club president confirms that a bid has been made for AbdulKadir Omur

Twitter translate.
    #CANLI-Trabzon Ahmet Ağaoğlu: Abdulkadir received the offer from the Premier League.
    https://www.aspor.com.tr/webtv/canli-yayin

https://twitter.com/asporcomtr/status/1081923139909632001

Trabzonspor club president confirms that a bid has been made for AbdulKadir Omur

Twitter translate.

https://twitter.com/asporcomtr/status/1081923139909632001

With my extensive knowledge of the Turkish league and an obligatory 5 minute YouTube compilation I have just watched, with dubstep included obviously, he does look to have potential, looks a bit small for PL I would have thought but then again so does Shaqiri...

If Klopp wants him I wouldn't question it at all...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,249 ✭✭✭Irishmale0399

With my extensive knowledge of the Turkish league and an obligatory 5 minute YouTube compilation I have just watched, with dubstep included obviously, he does look to have potential, looks a bit small for PL I would have thought but then again so does Shaqiri...

If Klopp wants him I wouldn't question it at all...

Bit of a risk if you ask me. Watched 2-3 minutes of the video and he reminds me of Emre Mor who flopped at BVB once he was found out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

The video I watched yesterday made him look quite promising, that one above not nearly as good as a showcase. I'd say Markovic looked better compared to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

He looks great at stepovers and getting fouled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Just in case anyone is wondering and/or worrying.....

Mahrez starts for City today :-)

Only a week in yet Gstack's meltdown will find it hard to be beaten for one of the most laughable tirade's of the year. It was hilarious reading and he kept digging. :pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

The video I watched yesterday made him look quite promising, that one above not nearly as good as a showcase. I'd say Markovic looked better compared to this.

I have a video of a lad called Harry Kewell I'd like you to watch .......:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,822 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

With Solanke and Origi moved on , who starts up front against Wolves tomorrow. I don't want to see any of the regular front 3 put at risk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Is origi gone?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

rob316 wrote: »
    OMG stupid looserpool fans think they'll win the league

Back in the day it was Lollerpool.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement