Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

MD1990 wrote: »

Makes for some nice publicity for them, and glad the Cox family can benefit from it, but would be more impressed if they made any sort of an effort to deal with the hooligan scumbag element in their travelling "support"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Shouldn't have replaced Pepe to begin with.

I'm not really convinced of the reasons that surrounded his departure but I remember being fairly disappointed that Mignolet was his replacement.

I don't think selling him was the issue, so much as not replacing him. At that stage, he'd had some poor form anyway... though he still probably would have stayed if not for telling the club he wanted them to accept Barca's offer so he could move away anyway - except Barca's offer never came as Valdes changed his mind and decided to stay himself for his final year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,688 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Not sure if posted before but Dublin GAA are playing Meath in a benefit match for Sean Cox
    Sean Cox Benefit Fundraiser

Sunday 16th December - Pairc Tailteann, Navan

Meath v Dublin
    Throw In: 1.30pm

Ticket Information
    Adults: €20
    Juveniles: €5

Tickets for this game are available online at http://dublingaa.tickets.ie/ and Centra and Supervalu stores.

Fair play to Jim Gavin & team for participating in this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Makes for some nice publicity for them, and glad the Cox family can benefit from it

Should have stopped there, it's a fantastic gesture,hardly for publicity when it's going to.be ongoing support when it's faded from headlines,and it will.

All clubs have scumbag fans, nothing can be done about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

nothing can be done about it.

Apart from :

Identify from cctv in stadium
    Hand evidence over to police
    Lifetime ban
    Etc etc etc

“Nothing can be done “ by a multi million euro business with massive resources at their disposal 🙄🙄🙄

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

TAA scores England’s second.

Solanke scored 2 in an 1-2 away win for England under 21’s in Italy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Apart from :

Identify from cctv in stadium
    Hand evidence over to police
    Lifetime ban
    Etc etc etc

“Nothing can be done “ by a multi million euro business with massive resources at their disposal 🙄🙄🙄

Yes,ban the Roma Ultras,see how it goes.
    Stadium would be burnt to the ground.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

BREAKING: VAR has been voted through by Premier League clubs and will be introduced for the start of next season

Might get some Pens now at least

Unless Lovern starts playing then some against

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

https://twitter.com/p_williams_0151/status/1063167431605211137?s=19

Not a bad finish but the keeper hardly made any effort.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

https://twitter.com/p_williams_0151/status/1063167431605211137?s=19

Not a bad finish but the keeper hardly made any effort.

Bit harsh. It was low with power. I don't think he had a chance.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Excellent and detailed analysis of Alisson's time here so far.

In summary, he's bloody boss.

niallo27 wrote: »

Yeah, very good goal, bottom corner, right into the side netting, keeper was well beaten. Could have maybe had a better starting position, but at the same time it was a first time shot so he'd no chance to to it going wide.

niallo27 wrote: »

Maybe a little but I'd say a better keeper would've thrown a leg out to save it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

TAA's first senior England goal and it's been reduced to a lucky shot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

TAA has more international goals than Paulo Dybala.

TAA's first senior England goal and it's been reduced to a lucky shot

Come on now... I originally said it was a nice finish but I thought the keeper could do more.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

BREAKING: VAR has been voted through by Premier League clubs and will be introduced for the start of next season

Might get some Pens now at least

Could have made the wrong kinda difference last weekend.

Everyone will look to their own teams injustices while quietly ignoring the times they've benefited from NOT having VAR....

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Var is a definite must but I also like it's inconsistencies, while it will clear up nearly 100% of human error, it will still provide talking points as some decisions will still be unclear and open to opinion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

I know it was only the USA but good to see Trent looking confident last night,
    He had a few rough games lately so that will be a nice little boost for him to get MOM and a goal ,
    He probably won't even come on as a sub v Croatia so a nice rest for him now to ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Doff

"U like goal inside you"

Hopefully he can gain a bit of confidence from that and up his game for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Kenny receives his knighthood.

Who needs a knighthood when your already a King

Sir King.

615138-kenny-dalglish-knighted.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

They'll have to update the name on his stand

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭fyfe79

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

fyfe79 wrote: »

Saying things like "I elbowed him good" is the reason why players shouldn't be let near social media. In terms of people/entities we are engaged in vendettas with, Ramos is fairly low on the list.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

Var is a definite must but I also like it's inconsistencies, while it will clear up nearly 100% of human error, it will still provide talking points as some decisions will still be unclear and open to opinion.

Not sure if you are being serious.. I suppose everyone has their own fondness for different aspects of the game, but for me the thought of agonising over whether a handball was intentional in a Super Slo-Mo (sponsored by SpecSavers of course) is not my idea of how the game should be officiated / played / watched.

The problem will not be the technology, it will be how it is implemented and the impact on the flow of the game, with weaker teams having the chance to recuperate & tweak tactics during the ensuing breaks in play.

Added to that the incorrect decisions like the handball in WC or the penalty awarded to Salah in FA Cup, just makes VAR an unnecessary farce.

There will always be incorrect decisions in fast moving contact sport, now we will still have incorrect decisions but also breaks during the game. Anyway no point complaining it is happening, thank goodness for progress...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I still think the pros of VAR outweigh the cons. Sure there will be some disruption and some decisions will remain subjective but it would rule out things like Thierry Henry's handball for France (never forget) and some truly horrible injustices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

garra wrote: »

Added to that the incorrect decisions like the handball in WC or the penalty awarded to Salah in FA Cup, just makes VAR an unnecessary farce.

You can't blame VAR for humans getting those wrong! I don't know how a referee makes that decision in the WC final but VAR is being called a farce and not him.

8-10 wrote: »
    You can't blame VAR for humans getting those wrong! I don't know how a referee makes that decision in the WC final but VAR is being called a farce and not him.

Agreed, that's why I said "The problem will not be the technology"

Agreed, that's why I said "The problem will not be the technology"

But you're saying it's an unnecessary farce in that example. You can only see it as unnecessary because the decision stood. That's not a farce it's human error. If the decision was overturned then it worked. But you can't say it's unnecessary or necessary based on the outcome of a particular incident

• Advertisement

8-10 wrote: »
    But you're saying it's an unnecessary farce in that example. You can only see it as unnecessary because the decision stood. That's not a farce it's human error. If the decision was overturned then it worked. But you can't say it's unnecessary or necessary based on the outcome of a particular incident

Conscious of not derailing the thread, I will just say:
    1. I meant the implementation of VAR is a farce - chiefly because it relies on human interpretation after the event and we already have a human doing the job during the free-flowing game. We get mistakes now and will get mistakes with VAR - but with added delays during the game.
    2. That incident is not stand-alone, there have been plenty of other poor decisions made with the help of VAR during FA Cup trial and even WC.
    3. It's important to remember it's football, ie a SPORT, we watch for entertainment. It's not CCTV of a murder scene or microscopic surgery, just play the bloody game FFS!!!!

Anyway, Watford away for my birthday Saturday week... Hoping for a lovely surprise and no injuries in the mean-time. Watford are on 20 points and will be a test for us after the International break, with our players more involved in faraway qualifiers and all the travel involved. Love to see more Shaq and fluidity in attack.

3. It's important to remember it's football, ie a SPORT, we watch for entertainment. It's not CCTV of a murder scene or microscopic surgery, just play the bloody game FFS!!!!

Yep get your points except for this one, reviews in Baseball, Rugby and American Football work well without affecting the entertainment I find.

It's coming in now anyway. Last season we were unlucky but I think we've rode our luck quite a bit already this season. Arsenal offside call is one that could have made a different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 781 ✭✭✭davyboy1975

Seems a great guy and cant wait to see him back at some stage this season hopefully

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

MD1990 wrote: »

I love in their commentary how they celebrate his goals over there...

Nice goal Mo

Seems a great guy and cant wait to see him back at some stage this season hopefully

Speaking of Ox, he popped this up today - https://www.instagram.com/p/BqP3ayfnwjV/

Crikey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,606 ✭✭✭Damien360

Can't wait to have Ox back. He gave so many options against teams sitting deep.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

DsJNay7X4AAf6h5.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

That's the Salah of last season nice and cool dink over the keeper, he's just snatching at a few chances.

That's the Salah of last season nice and cool dink over the keeper, he's just snatching at a few chances.

Yes, exactly! Delighted to see that little chip again, it's been a while. He was pulling those off week in week out at his best last season.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Thank christ the African Cup is played in the summer now and not the usual Jan - although I don't envy him playing just above the equator in Jun/Jul!

Another home goal for Gini, this time for the Netherlands against France;

Thats both their home Nations League games he's scored in for them now... really does love his local support!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

Only one of those men will ever be a King!

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    Another home goal for Gini, this time for the Netherlands against France;

Thats both their home Nations League games he's scored in for them now... really does love his local support!

Ryan Babel with the initial shot that came back to Gini.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Ryan Babel, good grief.

Love his barnet;)

Ryan Babel, good grief.

Seems to be having a bit of a resurgence at Besiktas over the past few seasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

some goal by Salah , Firminio also looked way better for Brazil than he has for us , knicking the ball constantly around the opposition box

• Advertisement

mightyreds wrote: »
    some goal by Salah , Firminio also looked way better for Brazil than he has for us , knicking the ball constantly around the opposition box

Maybe this is that oh-so-rare positive international break? Where our somewhat-struggling players snap into form and come back like demons?

That's goals, and confidence boosters for TAA, Gini, Salah, and apparantly a quality performance from Bobby.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement