Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Klopp is clearly holding everyone back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The players must be secretly communing with Buvac while away from Liverpool.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

No Keita around them, coincidence?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

DsJNay7X4AAf6h5.jpg

I can’t link it but Salah replied to her on Twitter :)

Saying he was sorry for leaving it do late to score and he hopes her teacher understands :)

I swear, you'd wonder about media manipulation sometimes ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,954 ✭✭✭garra

8-10 wrote: »
    Yep get your points except for this one, reviews in Baseball, Rugby and American Football work well without affecting the entertainment I find.

It's coming in now anyway. Last season we were unlucky but I think we've rode our luck quite a bit already this season. Arsenal offside call is one that could have made a different.

They are all staccato sports, none with the continuous ebb and flow of a well reffed football match. Enough on this, as you say it's happening anyway.

James Pearce in Echo suggesting Clyne could be off as early as January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

So we’re going to de-clyne in January then?

reposters---get-out_o_405779.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

James Pearce in Echo suggesting Clyne could be off as early as January.

Ah I just realised its going to be transfer rumours non-stop from now till the end of January

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

Everyone's watching the rugby.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,612 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

mosstin wrote: »
    Everyone's watching the rugby.
    Yeah, and we won !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Owl.

Why was Sadio in tears at the end of their game, does anyone know?

Mane & Salah have been nominated for African footballer of the year 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Just thinking I don't remember so many internationals, so I checked. 6 since the start of the season, same as last year. Sigh. Climbing the walls here.

The Mirror understands Liverpool are ready to offload Fab to finance a €70m bid for Pulisic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

The Mirror understands Liverpool are ready to offload Fab to finance a €70m bid for Pulisic.

Sounds good

Sounds like The Mirror were stuck for something to write and came up with any old crap to fill some column inches.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Henderson has picked up a knock and not starting for England this afternoon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

Owl. wrote: »
    Sounds like The Mirror were stuck for something to write and came up with any old crap to fill some column inches.

Not sure where it originated but it is widespread now with little substance to the story after the headline,i think you are right.

Who wrote the story? David Maddock or anyone else? If it's Maddock there may be something in it otherwise forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Wouldn't be stunned if he wasn't at the club by this time next year; don't expect us to sign Pulisic tho

It may have started in Italy as there is reports that AC Milan want to take him on loan.

1 + 1 = 3

I wonder if Sturridge has the inside track to lay a few bets down.

Oh there we are Milan loan, Liverpool pay his wages for two years and then they offer Suso Fabio Borini as a swap.

Gomez & Lovren starting in the England/Croatia game.

The blue collar worker that placed the 5 figure sum of money on Sturridge joining Inter was his cousin and another family member put a substantial sum on him joining WBA is also reported in The Mirror.

The Inter deal fell through creating a family feud.

The must be having a Liverpool day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

One cousin lost, the other won. If anything that clear Daniel of wrongdoing and just a conicidence more than anything.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭mosstin

As soon as I read, "The Mirror understands......", I don't read any further.

• Advertisement

So a year ago Chelsea signed a Monaco defensive midfielder and after his first season at the club they sent him on loan to AC Milan.

Now Liverpool sign a Monaco defensive midfielder and after his first season at the club the Mirror say he's getting sent on loan to AC Milan.

You'd think they'd try a little harder at least.

Family fortunes.

Family fortunes.

And misfortunes.

Also since when do we need to sell players to fund future signings anymore?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,365 ✭✭✭.red.

Also since when do we need to sell players to fund future signings anymore?

We still haven't even spent the Coutinho money!

England score off a Joe Gomez long throw-in, the coaching works!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,508 ✭✭✭✭noodler

England score off a Joe Gomez long throw-in, the coaching works!

Now they've turned it around.

No real motivation for a Croatia fightback either since a draw no good to them

Yet again Lovren's big talk costs his side :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

So that's Trent, Gomez and Hendo with a shorter summer hols next year and VVD and Gini probably too if they win tomorrow. Pfff.... just so Uefa can squeeze a few more quid outta 'friendlies'

It's two games.

It's two games.
    I know, but stll, they won't be home until the 10th of June potentially and if we get a good run in the FA or CL, it's gonna be a long enough season as it is, not to mention the hassle of the far east tour next year.

• Advertisement

Surely Fabinho would’ve been kept out of the starting line up/squad if we are off loading him?

Southgate said he played Henderson in the previous game against the USA while he was carrying a bit an injury.

What the fcuk is Henderson doing agreeing to play a fcuking friendly with a bit of an injury.

Either you are injured or you aren't.

Best boy in class as ever is Jordan, bet he has an apple in his kitbag.

Tbf it’s not that black and white.

Some are injured and don’t play.
    Some are injured and play.
    Some and not injured and play.
    And then you get the odd one who’s not injured and doesn’t want to play.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Yet again Lovren's big talk costs his side :pac:

The funniest part was after the final whistle, they tannoy guy at wembley played "Footballs coming home" over the loudspeaker. Just to rub it in. :P

Most Croatian fans online keep saying how they wish Lovren would just stfu. Every time he does something like this they lose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

What did Lovern say?

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,286 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

noodler wrote: »
    Now they've turned it around.

No real motivation for a Croatia fightback either since a draw no good to them

Bit late now, but if Croatia had of drawn England would have been relegated and not them so they had plenty of motivation to go for a draw

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

What did Lovern say?

Was just rubbing Ramos nose in it after Croatia beat Spain.

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    So that's Trent, Gomez and Hendo with a shorter summer hols next year and VVD and Gini probably too if they win tomorrow. Pfff.... just so Uefa can squeeze a few more quid outta 'friendlies'

I'm not sure it really makes any difference anyway. If England qualify via the normal group system (which they probably will), they'll be removed from the playoffs.

<edit> nevermind, only applies to 2nd tier down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,516 ✭✭✭✭ArmaniJeanss

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    I know, but stll, they won't be home until the 10th of June potentially and if we get a good run in the FA or CL, it's gonna be a long enough season as it is, not to mention the hassle of the far east tour next year.

England won't have any extra games, as a Nations League semi-finalist they'll automatically be in a 5 team group for the Euro qualifiers.
    And they won't have any additional time away either - the semi-finals and final will take place on the same dates that everyone else (in the 6-team groups) is playing Euro2020 qualifiers.

I'm not sure it really makes any difference anyway. If England qualify via the normal group system (which they probably will), they'll be removed from the playoffs.[/QUOTE]

Is this not another competition, separate from qualification? I know results can impact seeding for the qualifiers, but regardless, they will still be playing in June. I know it's just 2 games, just grinds my gears a bit that they can't have a decent break and I've really had it with internationals. And a killer hangover that's making me a bit grumpy today....

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement