Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

Turns out Mbappe isn't eligible for the Golden Boy so Trent has a huge chance of winning it now.

Harry kane will probably claim it anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,022 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Lovren is a liability. If he isn't making a noticeable error he is out of position or getting out-jumped in the box leading to a goal.

Obvious watching Liverpool last season opposition managers were going out of their way to target Lovren especially at set-pieces

I'd say it's more like; "If he isn't making a noticeable error or out of position or getting out-jumped in the box leading to a goal, he's playing very well the other 98% of the time"

He has lapses, absolutely, but lets not pretend he's some bumbling idiot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Liverpool's U23 side are in action for the first round of the Premier League International Cup tomorrow night at 7 PM against Villerreal U23.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

Apparently neither Ronaldo or Messi will be in the final 3 for ballon dor ,and griezman will get it. Joke if true.

Nobody is close to the other two yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Neymar off after 8 mins with an apparent groin injury - wasn't watching, so no idea if it's serious or he just wanted a rest before playing us next week. Would never wish an injury on anyone, still, would be no bother if he missed the game. Alisson and Fab on the bench, Bobby started.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mbappe off injured too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Firmino went off early in the 2nd half, I hope it was just for tactical/sensible reasons.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭Sofa Spud

Charlie19 wrote: »
    Firmino went off early in the 2nd half, I hope it was just for tactical/sensible reasons.
    Yeah, just got hooked as it's a friendly

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Yeah, just got hooked as it's a friendly

Probably didn't even come out after ht, I see it was 46 minute substitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,373 ✭✭✭robwen

Sofa Spud wrote: »
    Neymar off after 8 mins with an apparent groin injury - wasn't watching, so no idea if it's serious or he just wanted a rest before playing us next week. Would never wish an injury on anyone, still, would be no bother if he missed the game. Alisson and Fab on the bench, Bobby started.

Some header from his replacement Richarlison to win the game, toffees may have a battle hanging onto him come next summer

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Solanke with another 2 goals for the England under 21's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Off to crystal palace in Jan?

Well it's good he's earning his keep for someone!

Robbie Fowler being interviewed today said..... Liverpool have 'one big problem' standing between the team and major trophies.
    .........Manchester City............

I'd never have guessed that in a million years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Just looking at M'bappe's injury and really looks like he fell awkwardly and it looks a sore one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭charolais0153

robwen wrote: »
    Some header from his replacement Richarlison to win the game, toffees may have a battle hanging onto him come next summer

A proper player. For 50 million he was dear tho, but you dont get much for 30 million these days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,862 ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Just looking at M'bappe's injury and really looks like he fell awkwardly and it looks a sore one

Dislocated shoulder, last thing i read about it.

So Liverpool inserted a clause in the Coutinho deal that Barca cannot buy a Liverpool player for 3 seasons is being reported out there.

Not sure I believe it however it would be funny if they did do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,662 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

Liverpool ticketing system once again a big joke. Waiting times in the queue is over an hour now. Lots of ppl ranting on twitter about it as well.

Its the same situation every ticket sale year :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Apparently neither Ronaldo or Messi will be in the final 3 for ballon dor ,and griezman will get it. Joke if true.

Nobody is close to the other two yet

Joke if anyone out the usual 2 deserve it, it's modric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,278 ✭✭✭x43r0

Liverpool ticketing system once again a big joke. Waiting times in the queue is over an hour now. Lots of ppl ranting on twitter about it as well.

Its the same situation every ticket sale year :(

I've just stopped doing it - Did it every year since 2005 and stopped going last season to save for my wedding and this season I couldn't face going back through it again

I'm sure I'll go to Anfield again in the future but I'll probably just make 1 or 2 games and buy through hospitality or the thomas cook breaks. Will pay through the hole sure but don't fancy the morning sale stress anymore

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

https://streamable.com/utib8

His second goal was top drawer, Bobby-esque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,358 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,079 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Such a random clause to insert. But a great one for us.

Stops Barca trying to sign Salah, Mane, Firmino, VVD etc from us for another 2 seasons anyways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,288 ✭✭✭✭rob316

Thank **** for that I was genuinely worried about van dijk considering how **** pique is lately.

• Advertisement

Should have been Liverpool has the right to make an exclusive bid on any Barca play for the next three seasons!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Edwards is a very good negotiator.

Van Dijk deal seemed high but it was a freak situation after the leaks & previous deals. But he has proven more than worth the money.

Robertson did an interview over the international break where he said he was close to joining Stoke before signing for Liverpool however he wasn't sure if he would be a back up to Erik Pieters.

I think he made the right decision there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

Early indications from Paris are that Neymar may well just miss next Wednesday's game. Mbappe may just make it....

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2018/injury-updates-on-kylian-mbappe-neymar-will-they-be-fit-to-face-liverpool/

Sturridge was due to answer charges by 6:00 pm this evening has asked for more time to respond to the charges.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Sturridge was due to answer charges by 6:00 pm this evening has asked for more time to respond to the charges.

any suspicious bets going on that the FA won't have this resolved by the weekend?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

The u23s just lost 7-0 to Villareal

The kids are not alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Haven’t been involved in a seven goal thriller in a while. Just a shame we didn’t quite come out on the right end of this one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

The u23s just lost 7-0 to Villareal

The kids are not alright.

poor Harry won't sleep tonight:p

7-0?! Did they lose players to red cards or something? That's embarrassing. Must check who they fielded.

edit - here we are
    Neil Critchley was unable to select a number of regulars for Wednesday’s game at the Academy, with the likes of captain Matty Virtue, Bobby Adekanye and Nat Phillips ruled out due to injury and Rafael Camacho absent after representing Portugal U19s 24 hours earlier.

With Adam Lewis and Neco Williams also only deemed ready for the bench after their own international exertions, Critchley made eight alterations to his starting line-up and handed full U23 debuts to Ki-Jana Hoever, Rhys Williams and Luis Longstaff.

Very much a b side.

Well at least we now know Masterson is still around.

Origi is wanted by Galatasary.

Matip is wanted by Fenerbahce. Comolli is there.

Pulisic say Klopp is the type of manager all players dream of playing for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Chelsea were strongly linked to him earlier this week. I hear they're down to 40 players on loan, they need him desperately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Turkish clubs appear to have the laziest scouting mechanisms.

Who is crap and available from good sides in England and/or Italy? Sign them up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭GiftofGab

Is the game this Saturday at 3pm on tv?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

GiftofGab wrote: »

It'll be on somewhere, but it is not the 3pm game on sky.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,404 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

You'll need to wade into the water for it.

Ramsey Lewis shall be our new code word (one of my favourite tunes)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 479 ✭✭rgace

SlickRic wrote: »

I am expecting a £100m and £1 bid for VVD in January.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Download these guys app and you'll get a full list of all channels carrying every PL match.

Full list of international channels showing the Watford V Liverpool match here.

Public information on what officially licensed channels are carrying the match doesn't breach any forum rules.

Discussing how you access those channels via non official sources is not permitted.

Football Leeks are on the case again - Lovren among those squirrelling away money from image rights with a company connected to Zdravko Mamic who is currently on the run from an arrest warrant.

https://www.nacional.hr/football-leaks-the-millions-of-dejan-lovren-and-mateo-kovacic-collected-in-mamics-swiss-company-investigated-for-gross-crimes/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,663 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

rgace wrote: »
    I am expecting a £100m and £1 bid for VVD in January.

That would indicate that they value him at £1

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Nobody blows smoke like Pep; although its not as obvious as it was with Redmond. It's like when Ferguson likes someone; you know he doesn't feel overly threatened by them.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement