Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA RUNNING out

• 13-11-2018 6:08pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭

I am flying out on Thursday and Esta runs out the same day.

Does it run out at midnight Wednesday?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭rushfan

cena wrote:
    I am flying out on Thursday and Esta runs out the same day.

You should have enough time to renew it before then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,038 ✭✭✭✭cena

rushfan wrote: »
    You should have enough time to renew it before then.
    so midnight it runs out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭Tiddlypeeps

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that the ESTA needs to be valid for the duration of the stay. If that is the case then you will need to renew before you travel.

Nevermind, I was wrong.

I could be wrong but it was my understanding that the ESTA needs to be valid for the duration of the stay. If that is the case then you will need to renew before you travel.

Nevermind, I was wrong.

It can expire while you are in the states. Only needs to be valid when entering the country

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

cena wrote: »
    so midnight it runs out

Why take the risk? Just renew it. No ESTA means not being allowed on the plane.

• Advertisement

Why take the risk? Just renew it. No ESTA means not being allowed on the plane.

I did that last night

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Just read that from now on, you won’t get the instant approval when you apply for an ESTA. I know they’ve always said allow 72 hours but it looks like they mean it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Just read that from now on, you won’t get the instant approval when you apply for an ESTA. I know they’ve always said allow 72 hours but it looks like they mean it now.

Where did you read that Jack?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,476 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

It was always advisable to apply for an ESTA at least 72 hours before you intended to travel, in case someone with the same or a similar name to yours has been added to the 'no fly' list. In which case your application would have been passed to an official to manually vet and approve it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

I applied for mine yesterday for an upcoming trip and although the answer wasn’t instantaneous, I did still get it within a couple of hours. So it’s not too much of a change it seems.

Advertisement