Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Loan application

Options
  • 13-11-2018 6:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi I applied for a loan online on Thursday just gone and have been waiting on a response since any idea why it is taking this long or is this normal thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

I was approved for a loan subject to document check. All documents with BOI 2 weeks tomorrow and still awaiting a decision. The approval process seems very slow. Pretty frustrating and stressful.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Bmulv

imfml wrote: »
    I was approved for a loan subject to document check. All documents with BOI 2 weeks tomorrow and still awaiting a decision. The approval process seems very slow. Pretty frustrating and stressful.

Yeah i would say so, can you remember how long it took to be approved or declined? cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭imfml

Applied over the phone and approved within 48 hours

imfml wrote: »
    Applied over the phone and approved within 48 hours

Alright that’s grand cheers for everything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 423 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Lorna

Hi there Bmulv,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here.

We normally hope to have a decision within 1-2 working days however sometimes this may take longer as loan applications are assessed on an individual basis.

Once a decision is reached please be assured that you will be contacted.

Thanks,

Lorna

• Advertisement

Hi there Bmulv,

We normally hope to have a decision within 1-2 working days however sometimes this may take longer as loan applications are assessed on an individual basis.

Thanks,

Lorna
    Alright that’s grand thanks for the reply

Hi there Bmulv,

Thanks,

Lorna
    Hi just want to know are you able to check loan applications to see if they have been approved or denied or to see if they have been looked at yet been waiting almost two weeks and haven’t had any word back cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Thanks Bmulv for checking back with us.

Our Lending Advisor Team can certainly check this for you as you should have received an update within 48 business hours of the application. If you call 0818 200 334 / 00353 140 44000 an Advisor can check the application and advise why it's taking longer than expected.

I'm afraid we are unable to access loan applications here.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Many Thanks
    Alison

Thanks Bmulv for checking back with us.

Our Lending Advisor Team can certainly check this for you as you should have received an update within 48 business hours of the application. If you call 0818 200 334 / 00353 140 44000 an Advisor can check the application and advise why it's taking longer than expected.

I'm afraid we are unable to access loan applications here.

Many Thanks
    Alison

Many Thanks
    Alison
    That’s no worries cheers.

Advertisement