Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Game Awards 2018

Options
13»

Comments

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Ashen came out on Xbox last night and went straight into game pass:

Really like the look of it, seems to be a cross between Journey and Dark Souls. It is coming to Steam at some point too I think.

They also mentioned Below will be in Game Pass when it launches next week too.

Ah I was miffed at the 39.99 price tag when I saw it in the store this morning, forgot about game pass. Time to renew as there are 3 or 4 games now I want to play on it.

Hope Below turns out to be good too.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ah I miffed at the 39.99 price tag when I saw it in the store this morning, forgot about game pass. Time to renew as there are 3 or 4 games now I want to play on it.

They were doing a month for a euro there around black friday, not sure if it's still available or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,740 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Can't complain with any of the winners tbh. God Of War thoroughly deserved GOTY, but RDR2 definitely did pip it in terms of narrative and performance.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Can't complain about most of the winners there other than the ones RDR2 won. Felt it was quite weak in the categories it won in other than the actor performance one.

God of War is a very weak game of the year but it's been a poor year for triple A games and it stands tall above everything else, except Monster Hunter World, which I feel was far more deserving than GoW. Any other year and it would have for me been beaten by a lot of other better games.

I still think that there were dozens of indie game titles this year that were far better than GoW or any of the other triple A contenders and were much more deserving.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,278 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Ashen came out on Xbox last night and went straight into game pass:

Really like the look of it, seems to be a cross between Journey and Dark Souls. It is coming to Steam at some point too I think.

They also mentioned Below will be in Game Pass when it launches next week too.

Huh, going by reddit this is actually out on PC now too but only in the EPIC store?

Very strange. The steam page suddenly went release date TBD and the 'play anywhere' functionality for the windows 10/Xbox store mysteriously disappeared also.

• Advertisement

They were doing a month for a euro there around black friday, not sure if it's still available or not.

I'd forgotten about that, the reason I didn't take it up was I was waiting for something else to get added later this month. It's still there on the dash so I'll get it now.

Whats the deal with Josef Fares?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

So there wasn't actually a reveal for Alien: Blackout, or did I just miss it?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Ah I was miffed at the 39.99 price tag when I saw it in the store this morning, forgot about game pass. Time to renew as there are 3 or 4 games now I want to play on it.

Hope Below turns out to be good too.

Game pass is still running the promotion on Amazon, 48 pounds for 12 months.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07K7CFTQC/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Game pass is still running the promotion on Amazon, 48 pounds for 12 months.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07K7CFTQC/ref=oh_aui_d_detailpage_o00_?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Might have to grab that now, lots of stuff coming to it I want to play at the moment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,919 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

We forgot about Psychonauts 2;

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Might have to grab that now, lots of stuff coming to it I want to play at the moment.

Aye, now if only they could give a time machine to try and play it all. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

So there wasn't actually a reveal for Alien: Blackout, or did I just miss it?

No Aliens, No Batman, No Metroid.
    A lot of games now just look a bit samey. Far Cry 5 and Rage 2 seem indistinguishable to me. I thought Marvel UA3 was the Telltale game at first. As soon as they showed gameplay I lost interest.
    Damn all gameplay trailers.
    One that had, Ancestors looked pretty bad tbh, I had one eye on that too. Looled like a high spec game running on a 360 or PS3.
    Joker being in Smash is strange but for the soundtracks alone is worthy of being in the roster. I don't know think Persona 5 is coming tho.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,410 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'd put money on Persona 5 coming to Switch.

It's a PS3 game so the switch should have no problem handling it and Atlus love porting the Persona games to handhelds with extra features. The introduction of a character to smash most likely signifies a franchise coming to Nintendo

It would literally print money.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Huh, no one else notice that Journey is finally coming to the PC via the Epic Store?
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Tecmo koei better show off a proper ninja gaiden 2 . More than likely will be Nioh 2.
    At least we know what Team Ninja are working on now anyway. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Persona 5 is a PS4 exclusive, yeah?

If it goes to Nintendo, any chance of them throwing Bayonetta 2 the other way? C'mon Nintendo, sweeten the pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

So someone "fixed" the Mortal Kombat 11 trailer with a more appropriate soundtrack (wtf were they thinking with that rap ****e)

J. Marston wrote: »
    Persona 5 is a PS4 exclusive, yeah?

If it goes to Nintendo, any chance of them throwing Bayonetta 2 the other way? C'mon Nintendo, sweeten the pot.

It's not a ps4 exclusive as it was on ps3 as well. Sony didn't pay for an exclusivity contract. It's only a Sony exclusive due to the small team and small resources that they could only work on one platform.

I'd say it will be announced and released next year for switch. Shin Megan Tensei 5 is being released exclusively on switch as well so atlas have a strong relationship with Nintendo at the moment. Although I doubt smt5 will stay a switch exclusive.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Would love to see Persona on the Switch but you'd have to think that if it's in development they would have announced it alongside that Smash reveal.

I say they are keeping 2019 announcements until after Xmas. Anything for 2019 has only gotten slight teasers. Pretty sure it will be announced before March with a fall release. Persona is huge in Japan and Sega will want it on the biggest non mobile platform over there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Sieghardt

Sega are having an event in a week or two where they're showing off the new Sakura Wars, wouldnt be shocked if there was a Persona 5 Crimson or whatever announcement

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Damn, there were some unexpected announcements there. The Last Campfire by Hello Games looks interesting. I'm sure it's already hated because it's Hello Games, but I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Psychonauts 2!!! Hells yus. If you've never played the first one, you've missed out one one awesome game. Second one looks just as bonkers. Hope they re-release the first one in HD. Journey to the Savage Planet has also piqued my interest. Looks interesting. I did watch the trailer for FC6, and while a character from 5 appears, it gives me no clue as to how 5 ended really, considering the video for it. Looks like it's taking a page from R.A.G.E.s book. Could be interesting.

Video for Ancestors was very well made, when the links to AC started showing I was like 'Whaaaaaaa?!'. With Odyssey being a great game, I have high hopes for this now. Outer Worlds, I'll wait to see more, but it looks like a non-cell shaded Borderlands to a degree.

R.A.G.E. 2 has finally got me interested, looks like crazy fun, just hope the music in game is not inspired by the music from the trailers. Speaking of, who was in charge of the music for the MK11 trailer? Something tells me a wrong decision was made. Looks amazing, terrible choice of music!

Advertisement