If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for a new tv

Options
  • 13-11-2018 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭

Hi,

On the lookout for a good 4k TV and was wondering what you would recommend? Have always had a Samsung and never had an issue with them.
    Currently have a 40 inch LCD wall mounted that is 7 years old so looking to upgrade. Looking for something up to 50 inch and since Samsung have never given us a problem I was wondering what ya think of the UE49NU8000 or would ya recommend an alternative??

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi,

On the lookout for a good 4k TV and was wondering what you would recommend? Have always had a Samsung and never had an issue with them.
    Currently have a 40 inch LCD wall mounted that is 7 years old so looking to upgrade. Looking for something up to 50 inch and since Samsung have never given us a problem I was wondering what ya think of the UE49NU8000 or would ya recommend an alternative??

Thanks
    Hi Comic Book Guy,

Apologies for the delay getting back to you.

The Samsung is a very good TV however if you're looking for a very good LED TV you can't get much better than the Sony KD49XF9005.

The 9 series Sony has a fantastic panel with very high motion processing as well as the best contrast and colour I've seen in an LED panel. It also won the What Hi Fi award for best 40-50" TV over £500:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203176-sony-bravia-kd49xf9005-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

We currently have it for £999.

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 3,472 ✭✭✭Comic Book Guy

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Comic Book Guy,

The Samsung is a very good TV however if you're looking for a very good LED TV you can't get much better than the Sony KD49XF9005.

The 9 series Sony has a fantastic panel with very high motion processing as well as the best contrast and colour I've seen in an LED panel. It also won the What Hi Fi award for best 40-50" TV over £500:

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203176-sony-bravia-kd49xf9005-49-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-android-tv-youview.aspx

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for coming back to me David, I will do a bit of research on it and come back to ya. I'm actually due to cracking open my loose change jar which hasn't been opened in a couple of years so hoping it will go a long way towards that price! How much extra would delivery cost?

Thanks again

Hi,

Thanks
    Hi Comic Book Guy,

Kind regards

David
    Thanks for coming back to me David, I will do a bit of research on it and come back to ya. I'm actually due to cracking open my loose change jar which hasn't been opened in a couple of years so hoping it will go a long way towards that price! How much extra would delivery cost?

Thanks again
    Hi Comic Book Guy,

Delivery on that TV is just £6.99 to anywhere in Ireland and the price also includes a 6 year guarantee.

Let me know when you're ready!

Kind regards

David

Hi David,

Forgive my ignorance but what would be the main difference in this TV and one from the 8 series Sony Bravia sets?

For similar type money what set would you recommend in a 55 inch screen. I must measure it up properly tonight to see if this is a runner as it will be wall mounted.

Thanks again for your help so far.

Hi David,

Forgive my ignorance but what would be the main difference in this TV and one from the 8 series Sony Bravia sets?

For similar type money what set would you recommend in a 55 inch screen. I must measure it up properly tonight to see if this is a runner as it will be wall mounted.

Thanks again for your help so far.
    Hi Comic Book Guy,

It's the difference in the panel type, the 8 series is edge lit and the 9 series is direct lit which gives much better colour and contrast.

Around that price in a 55" I would consider the Panasonic TX55FX750 at £1099. These TVs are very good and have a very high motion processing rate.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi David,

Thanks for all the info. Can you drop me a PM to organise payment for the Sony Brava thanks.

Hi David,

Thanks for all the info. Can you drop me a PM to organise payment for the Sony Brava thanks.
    Hey Comic Book Guy.

If you drop us your contact number in a PM we will give you a call :)

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.