Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What type of meter is this unit ...

Options
  • 13-11-2018 11:42pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Can anyone here help me to identify this type of meter,please.
    Is it a dual tariff (day and night) and - or an import/export meter ?

My electricity supplier asks for €270 to change the meter to a dual tariff system.
    ESB asks for €340 to change it to a import / export type meter.

Many thanks.

466055.jpg

Comments

It's a unidirectional one. ie anything you export to the grid is not added to the meter reading.

The proposed upgrade is a means of measuring what you donate to the network FOC instead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Anyone having a picture of a import / export meter,please ,with thanks !

Also,i found this meter online H E R E , it has all the reports i wil like to get from a smart home,inclusive built-in web browser.
    Can i fit it after the original ESB fitted meter ?!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

It's a unidirectional one. ie anything you export to the grid is not added to the meter reading.

The proposed upgrade is a means of measuring what you donate to the network FOC instead.

Well said, absolute bull that it is illegal to get paid for generating your own electricity.

Advertisement