Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Self Leveling Floor of Shed

• 14-11-2018 10:48am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭

I have a concrete floor in my shed which is doesn't have a smooth floor and I want to just have something that will make it easier to keep clean.

Any suggestion for suitable products to use or peoples experience with self leveling compounds?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,674 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

I would clean/prime and paint it with proper industrial grade paint, assuming it is 100% dry and has a proper dpc
    Screed will be too thin not to break.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Screed is a pain in the jocks tbh.

Either paint it as suggested above.

Or get some 18mm Ply or OSB and put it down.

Personally id do the OSB. Then seal it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

Self levelling compound & then floor paint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

tradesman wrote: »
    Self levelling compound & then floor paint.

The self leveling compound will not stand up to shed usage (assuming it's a used shed with things being dropped and dragged around).

As suggested paint or cover with wood. The OPs requirements are to make it easier to clean. Not make it level.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

I have self levelled my garage & its fine. I am doing a lot of moving around as i am also plastering the walls with sand and cement & there is a lot of stuff in there.I have not painted it will do when the plastering is finished but it is easier to clean as it is now. When painted there wont be half the dust around.

• Advertisement
Advertisement