Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

machalla wrote: »
    Probably the battery in the hoover is what blocks it shipping I'd reckon. Addresspal or parcelwizard might be options.

address pal works as its mainland UK, PW is NI so has the same issue as sending here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭aidanki

jay0109 wrote: »
    Some good discounts on Garmin Smartwatches. I'm looking at the Garmin Vivoactive 3 GPS for £180 v's Garmin Forerunner 735XT GPS for £190.
    Looks like the 735XT has the bigger spec.

And how does that compare to the Fitbit Ionic for £239? I see some saying online that the app and details/info it displays are much better with Fitbit than with Garmin.

Where is that from ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

aidanki wrote: »
    Where is that from ?

On Amazon....on the main page of the Black Friday deals, all the Garmins with discounts are grouped together

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Darby_321

djb85 wrote: »
    Yes same problem... anything about 50" is likely to be too large/heavy for AddressPal

I am after ordering a 50" from amazon the other day and should be getting delivered to the english AddressPal depot today. I think the package should be coming in just within the limits allowed. Any idea what will happen if it is too large?

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Gerrymandering reborn

Looking for a camera to shoot product photography for E Commerce,

is this one good? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-4000D-Camera-3-5-5-6-SanDisk/dp/B07HZQ5HK9?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_f47f60b8_NA&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I currently have a Canon IXUS 117

Would I see a difference?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Darby_321 wrote: »
    I am after ordering a 50" from amazon the other day and should be getting delivered to the english AddressPal depot today. I think the package should be coming in just within the limits allowed. Any idea what will happen if it is too large?

i think if its too large they just refuse it, ie if its outside their max parameters.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Looking for a camera to shoot product photography for E Commerce,

is this one good? https://www.amazon.co.uk/Canon-4000D-Camera-3-5-5-6-SanDisk/dp/B07HZQ5HK9?ref_=Oct_DLandingS_PC_f47f60b8_NA&smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

I currently have a Canon IXUS 117

Would I see a difference?

You'll see some difference in quality of course, but you'd probably want to be looking at another lens to get the best out of that camera.

Product photography is more about the setup, lighting, background than the camera. Depending on the products, you might consider investing in (or making) a lightbox. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Had PS4 Pro with Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle in my basket all morning and went to pull the trigger and it disappeared, only third party sellers available and a price hike!

Managed to order it at the original price from Amazon eventually but with delivery Dec 10th.

Really hoping they fulfil the order at the price when they get stock back and don't cancel the order, anyone experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Darby_321

brightkane wrote: »
    i think if its too large they just refuse it, ie if its outside their max parameters.

Just after getting an email from Addresspal there now and they have received the item and sending it on to me so it must fit within their limits. Cost €13 to get it shipped over which isnt bad. Still saving about €60 compared to the price of the tv in argos here in ireland

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

need intel cpu and gpu anyone spotted any deals on such electronics, looking at listings seems same prices- no deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭Krombopulos Michael

scamalert wrote: »
    need intel cpu and gpu anyone spotted any deals on such electronics, looking at listings seems same prices- no deals.

Keep an eye on this thread for PC deals

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108700458#post108700458

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭JohnnyRoyal

Quality ssd, bargain price

Hey was looking at SSD's also to upgrade the mac mini. Was looking at the crucial 250GB on sale here https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0764WCXCV/ . Would there be much of a difference / would it be worth paying the extra to go for the Samsung 500GB ? (to note use 2TB Time Capsule for storage purposes)

Rgds JR

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

Are there any good bluetooth headphones on offer?
    I want to replace my AKG Y50BT because on bluetooth I don't find they go loud enough. I bought them to blast loud music without annoying the neighbours and they aren't really doing it. Otherwise the quality is good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭Brego888

faigs wrote: »
    Had PS4 Pro with Red Dead Redemption 2 bundle in my basket all morning and went to pull the trigger and it disappeared, only third party sellers available and a price hike!

Managed to order it at the original price from Amazon eventually but with delivery Dec 10th.

Really hoping they fulfil the order at the price when they get stock back and don't cancel the order, anyone experience this?

How much did you pay for that? Much better value here at home in gamestop, Argos etc and you can pick them up today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

Brego888 wrote: »
    How much did you pay for that? Much better value here at home in gamestop, Argos etc and you can pick them up today.

I don't understand how you can ask that question, and make that statement in the same breath?

• Registered Users Posts: 38 hudsonn

Nice men's gift set at half price:

ManCave Survival Set

Gift set includes: Lemon & Oak Shower Gel, Caffeine Shampoo, Original Moisturiser, Olivestone Face Scrub, WIllowbark Face Wash & Texturising Hair Paste

£14.99

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015RL8ME2

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭kevinroche3333

Hey was looking at SSD's also to upgrade the mac mini. Was looking at the crucial 250GB on sale here https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0764WCXCV/ . Would there be much of a difference / would it be worth paying the extra to go for the Samsung 500GB ? (to note use 2TB Time Capsule for storage purposes)

Rgds JR

if you dont need the extra 250gb then the mx500 250gb is perfectly fine. Plenty would argue the mx500 every bit as good/reliable as the samsung 860s.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 800 ✭✭✭faigs

Brego888 wrote: »

€310 ex VAT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Missed an Addresspal delivery this afternoon, thought there'd be a redirect option like with the normal post. Will it be Monday now for the second delivery attempt?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Missed an Addresspal delivery this afternoon, thought there'd be a redirect option like with the normal post. Will it be Monday now for the second delivery attempt?

An Post (in Cork at least) deliver on Saturdays...

Also - Amazon don't seem to realise this, so they assume if it's 2 day delivery, and ordered on a Thursday that you'll get it Monday - you'll generally get it on the Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,654 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

dulpit wrote: »

Also - Amazon don't seem to realise this, so they assume if it's 2 day delivery, and ordered on a Thursday that you'll get it Monday - you'll generally get it on the Saturday.

Ah right cheers, might get it tomorrow so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

dulpit wrote: »

theres option to select in amazon account setting to not ship on sat/sundays or weekends, that helps when using pw to not miss delivery as amazon delivers even on sundays. and NI/UK post work normal on Saturdays with deliveries.

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭odddavey

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Sideways88

I need an unlocked budget second phone for travel that will take any SIM worldwide

Has any bargains on this come up today on Amazon yet? The Samsung J3 seems like a good shout

Sideways88 wrote: »
    I need an unlocked budget second phone for travel that will take any SIM worldwide

Has any bargains on this come up today on Amazon yet? The Samsung J3 seems like a good shout

The Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is just £115

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite - (Dual SIM) 32GB 5.84-Inch Android 8.1 UK Version SIM-Free Smartphone - Blue (Official UK Launch)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Mi-Lite-5-84-Inch-Smartphone-Blue/dp/B07JH129B9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭Setanter

Sideways88 wrote: »

I always find having a dual sim, very helpful when abroad, best of both worlds

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GZZKDHI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?smid=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

odddavey wrote: »

The reviews seem to be for the more expensive option -
    m7, not the one in the directly linked. Quite sneaky of the seller.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

The reviews seem to be for the more expensive option -
    m7, not the one in the directly linked. Quite sneaky of the seller.

Nope, that's just how Amazon works when there's a multi buy option..

You can filter the reviews to show reviews for the LC350 only.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,633 ✭✭✭theoneeyedman

hudsonn wrote: »
    The Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite is just £115

Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite - (Dual SIM) 32GB 5.84-Inch Android 8.1 UK Version SIM-Free Smartphone - Blue (Official UK Launch)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Xiaomi-Mi-Lite-5-84-Inch-Smartphone-Blue/dp/B07JH129B9
    +1 on this, certainty a better option than the old moto g4 (which was fine in its day around 3 years ago).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Doge wrote: »
    Nope, that's just how Amazon works when there's a multi buy option..

You can filter the reviews to show reviews for the LC350 only.

I just did a quick scan of the reviews & didn't spot lc350 reviews. I didn't look very hard in fairness!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

I've just ordered two pairs of G-Star jeans for €50 total.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭odddavey

I just did a quick scan of the reviews & didn't spot lc350 reviews. I didn't look very hard in fairness!
    I can't find a lc350 only an lc250

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Any decent battery life inexpensive kids fitness watch? Similar to. Fitbit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

dinneenp wrote: »

Fitbit themselves running a sale. I ordered a Fitbit ace for. 79 euro this morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,699 ✭✭✭Glebee

Dont forget Amazon.de and Amazon.it can be a fraction of the price of Amazon.co.uk. Picked up a few bargins on Amazon.it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 652 ✭✭✭GaGa21

dinneenp wrote:

Garmin jr reduced too. On Garmin Amazon and Currys website.

• Advertisement

Glebee wrote: »
    Dont forget Amazon.de and Amazon.it can be a fraction of the price of Amazon.co.uk. Picked up a few bargins on Amazon.it

Amazon.de usually kills you on the delivery charges though. Amazon.es can be good for electronics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 535 ✭✭✭tmh106

Picked up a Garmin Forerunner 235 for £149. I think that's a good deal. I've wanted one for ages, so I'm happy.

Must get one of those Revoult credit cards though, to save on the currency exchange fees.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

dinneenp wrote: »
    My daughter has one of these.

Not reduced, but not expensive to begin. Has worked fine since August.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

tmh106 wrote: »
    Picked up a Garmin Forerunner 235 for £149. I think that's a good deal. I've wanted one for ages, so I'm happy.

Must get one of those Revoult credit cards though, to save on the currency exchange fees.

I’d buy it in a heartbeat if it had Spotify but just can’t justify it without it.

The one they do with Spotify is horrifically over priced. It’s 2018 ffs!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭ligerdub

tmh106 wrote:

Great price. Quality product.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 528 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,679 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

odddavey wrote: »

Interested as well but only for full HD not the one linked there which isnt (not even close regardless the deceptive description), 3D would be nice as well if anyone has come across any

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

Has this been a below par Black Friday? Haven't seen too much excitement....the Anker Soundcore B from a few days ago seems to have been the last big frenzy on here or have I missed anything?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

jay0109 wrote: »
    Has this been a below par Black Friday? Haven't seen too much excitement....the Anker Soundcore B from a few days ago seems to have been the last big frenzy on here or have I missed anything?

I've bought more stuff this year, but it's more stuff I could of done without like that speaker 😂 got a few Xmas presents last year all toys this year.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

I cancelled my Anker Soundcore order. Great deal, but have no use for it and it's just pissing away for money for ****e I'll never use.

• Advertisement
Advertisement