Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Good price but god help you if you need any after sales support. I'll never buy anything from that shower again, regardless of price and I doubt I'm the only one.
    cant blame workers its their policy to push the insurance which to be fair for smth around grand isnt that bad, as long as your withing return periood is it two weeks ? i always found no issues with support, thou might depend on item and the shop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Browney7 wrote: »
    Better VAT rate too
    yes, there is price which will mean you are saving money. Though it does then go to the UK government. Some do not know that when you have to pay the 23% with these companies it is going to our coffers.

Some items are zero vat in the UK too, like adult cycling helmets.
    Frunchy wrote: »
    Yeah, but no free delivery option and the inconvenience of having to translate.
    de has an english version on the main page. The others probably will too if nobody is using .co.uk.

scamalert wrote: »
    cant blame workers its their policy to push the insurance which to be fair for smth around grand isnt that bad, as long as your withing return periood is it two weeks ? i always found no issues with support, thou might depend on item and the shop.

Nothing at all to do with their "insurance" and everything to do with meeting their obligations laid out in the Sale of Goods act.
    I'm not blaming the staff, they're hands are tied by head office

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

Nothing at all to do with their "insurance" and everything to do with meeting their obligations laid out in the Sale of Goods act.
    I'm not blaming the staff, they're hands are tied by head office
    my bad thought your on about insurance etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

Will Amazon UK even deliver here if we have a no deal Brexit?

As Ian Malcolm said: "Business, uh, finds a way."

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

Very repetitive, same products on offer every time. It's crazy that even when they put a frying pan on offer, it's not only the same model, but even always the same size out of the several ones available. BF, Prime Day, you name it. If you already have a Logitech c920, Sony NC headphones and an RX camera, you can't hope for much, unless you are looking to upgrade to a newer iteration. Best deal this year IMO were the Samsung NVME drives, too bad I didn't need another one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,498 ✭✭✭Harika

Will Amazon UK even deliver here if we have a no deal Brexit?

They have a whole office in Ireland, in the worst case they will deliver from the German warehouse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Philips-HD9240-90-Collection-Airfryer/dp/B00BS97UUA?psc=1&SubscriptionId=AKIAJ7T5BOVUVRD2EFYQ&tag=camelanonalerts-21&linkCode=xm2&camp=2025&creative=165953&creativeASIN=B00BS97UUA

Best price ever
    Bought one in the prime sale for 129.99 and genuinely tempted to buy a second one

This one price drop alone may have redeemed Black Friday /cyber Monday for a few

• Registered Users Posts: 14 EnlightenedApe

Most of the deals on Amazon.co.uk appear to be fake.

If I search price history they have all been nearly as low or lower.

Use the browser extensions, like the deal above was best at 154 Pound in the last three months, with spikes to 250 pounds and now is at 115 pounds. Not the 55% steal but still nice 25% off.

• Advertisement

Harika wrote: »
    Use the browser extensions, like the deal above was best at 154 Pound in the last three months, with spikes to 250 pounds and now is at 115 pounds. Not the 55% steal but still nice 25% off.

I wasnt talking about a specific product but "deals" in general.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

I wasnt talking about a specific product but "deals" in general.

It’s definitely the worst cyber Monday ever

It’s definitely the worst cyber Monday ever

I heard this last year too, that's why I only read here and not even bother to scroll through amazon for stuff. :pac: And notifications if something on my wishlist is on sale.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

mgray wrote: »
    Anker speaker arrived this morning, great little speaker and arrived super quick..

+1, the bargain of the week but it had little competition in fairness apart from a few used books from the warehouse that I always pick up for a few euro max

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭Darwin

Ordered a pair of Oakley sunglasses from the warehouse with 20% off. They arrived this morning in the correct packaging, but some git had replaced the Oakley's with a cheap pair of Nike sunglasses. Just unbelievable the stunts people pull!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

What extension is this?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,903 ✭✭✭Blacktie.

This any better than camelcamelcamel or is it all the same really?

Blacktie. wrote: »
    This any better than camelcamelcamel or is it all the same really?

It's the same data, with the difference that is here shown on the amazon page itself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

Keepa show's prices across all the amazon sites. Found it very handy this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭jay0109

jay0109 wrote: »
    A huawei band 3 fitness tracker in my basket just went from £59 to €82 so I expect that to drop back to £59 on Cyber Monday and be heralded as a big drop by Amazon :(

As expected, Cyber Monday sees the price on this fall back to £59

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭elbyrneo

Well Cyber Monday is a bit of a let down. Just a continuation of Black Friday with little disguise.

Reminds me of Zoolander.

"The man has only one look for Christ's sake! Blue Steel? Ferrari? Le Tigre? They're the same face! Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Trying to buy a Maxi Cosi Rodifix child car seat.

Reduced to £100.09 in the sale. But it turns into £109.16 once you go to pay.

Delivery is zero. Where is the extra tenner coming from? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭odddavey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

quad_red wrote: »

Irish VAT

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,284 ✭✭✭ongarite

VAT. Reduced VAT on children's products in UK.
    Use Parcel Wizard to get it delivered to UK address at reduced price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭ckeego

AFAIK, that’s due to a higher tax here on safety equipment..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

elbyrneo wrote: »
    Well Cyber Monday is a bit of a let down. Just a continuation of Black Friday with little disguise.

Reminds me of Zoolander.

"The man has only one look for Christ's sake! Blue Steel? Ferrari? Le Tigre? They're the same face! Doesn't anybody notice this? I feel like I'm taking crazy pills!"

Could it be irish vat? Getting delivered to Ireland?
    Change your address to a UK one
    See if there is a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Brian017 wrote: »
    Irish VAT
    ongarite wrote: »
    odddavey wrote: »
    Could it be irish vat? Getting delivered to Ireland?
    Change your address to a UK one
    See if there is a difference.

I think it could be VAT :D

• Advertisement

Prime shipping isn't exactly impressing me, 6 days and two items still not dispatched

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Prime shipping isn't exactly impressing me, 6 days and two items still not dispatched

I don't even have an expected delivery date for one item. Was showing delivery by tomorrow when ordering until I picked and irish delivery address so it shouldn't be out of stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Whereas I've had two items with free delivery without prime and gotten them within 48hrs in the last week. I reckon their whole system is all over the place the last week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭quad_red

Thanks, lad. I think it might be the vat.... (duh).

Going to have to think this through. Paying the higher VAT rate costs me £10 per seat (I'm buying 2). That's £20 delivered.

But depending on whether they package them together or separately I could be looking at higher costs going through parcel motel or an post.

Will hardly fit in a locker so I'd be looking at collection from Parcel motel:
    In addition to the €7.00 Parcel Motel charge, there is a supplement of €7.00 per 10 kg (over the 55 kg) or part thereof per parcel

Probably safer and cheaper to just home deliver direct from amazon and wear the VAT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I had an argument with Amazon CS one day. I was asking why it was taking so long to ship an item(about 10 weeks ago so hardly Black Friday). She kept saying but you selected free shipping 3-5 days. I said that it how fast it is to get to me once it leaves the warehouse not how long it takes Amazon to pick the item.

She wasn't getting it. Often they say that if you select Group Items together then they might need to be transferred between Warehouses but doesn't make sense for Individual items.

I have 2 Firesticks ordered, one on it's own (shipped already) and the other stick with another item, still hasn't been despatched. The one not shipped was ordered 24 hours before the first.

One other item was delivered one day late today and Amazon refunded it, £20, refunded. Amazon CS are mental. £20 item, shipped by UPS overnight(hardly cheap), arrived late and everything refunded. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Well that's the nature of amazon. They drop the price on items all the time, people complaining about the black firday deals probably didn't actually need anything and we're scrolling through the pages of crap on the 'today's deals' page , I had set up camel alerts for a number of items i needed and pretty much all of them dropped.

Berty wrote: »
    I had an argument with Amazon CS one day. I was asking why it was taking so long to ship an item(about 10 weeks ago so hardly Black Friday). She kept saying but you selected free shipping 3-5 days. I said that it how fast it is to get to me once it leaves the warehouse not how long it takes Amazon to pick the item.

She wasn't getting it. Often they say that if you select Group Items together then they might need to be transferred between Warehouses but doesn't make sense for Individual items.

I have 2 Firesticks ordered, one on it's own (shipped already) and the other stick with another item, still hasn't been despatched. The one not shipped was ordered 24 hours before the first.

One other item was delivered one day late today and Amazon refunded it, £20, refunded. Amazon CS are mental. £20 item, shipped by UPS overnight(hardly cheap), arrived late and everything refunded. :rolleyes:

Yes same issue for me, when I signed up for prime I thought 2 days for any items listed as "Prime" but when I order stuff its often showing as up to two weeks....

I find if you deliver to a parcel motel UK address its within one day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

Etnies wrote: »
    Well that's the nature of amazon. They drop the price on items all the time, people complaining about the black firday deals probably didn't actually need anything and we're scrolling through the pages of crap on the 'today's deals' page , I had set up camel alerts for a number of items i needed and pretty much all of them dropped.

Absolutely. I know you reference it here, but in case others don't know. You should all be checking prices on:

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

It will give you the price history for all products on Amazon. You can make a good guess then as to how good a deal it is. It's very easy to get caught up in the buzz of it all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

I bought a phone six days ago and it said " we will update your delivery time soon" or something on it, even though it was in stock. I seen the same phone for the same price on three today so got onto chat to cancel it and ask them about the delivery delay even though its in stock. They gave me 10 sterling onto my account.

They said the delay was something to do with shipping from warehouses in Europe or something.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I bought a phone six days ago and it said " we will update your delivery time soon" or something on it, even though it was in stock. I seen the same phone for the same price on three today so got onto chat to cancel it and ask them about the delivery delay even though its in stock. They gave me 10 sterling onto my account.

They said the delay was something to do with shipping from warehouses in Europe or something.

Did you cancel? I'm having the same thing with a mechanical keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

just because it was cheaper once does not mean it is a bad deal. I got an instantpot, it was £82, on CCC I can see it was £70 back in 2016 for a few days, but besides that it is the cheapest it has been.

Although CCC does not capture every price, there have been flash sales which do not register on CCC.

It is £107.24 today.

I would expect the cheapest price to be friday and today to only match or be more. Since people could cancel their order and order again if it was lower today (I did this before around xmas/black friday time)
    ongarite wrote: »
    Some things can be zero vat in the Uk so big savings to be had, e.g. bicycle helmets and some sport supplements.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 5,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Optimus Prime

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Did you cancel? I'm having the same thing with a mechanical keyboard.

Yeh, I asked the guy (Robot) about the delay in delivery first as i was going to go ahead with it, but then he explained it to me and it might be a while longer, i decided to cancel as its available for the same price on three, i told him i was cancelling and he gave me 10 sterling credit on my amazon account. Then i cancelled it myself after the chat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Yes same issue for me, when I signed up for prime I thought 2 days for any items listed as "Prime" but when I order stuff its often showing as up to two weeks....

I find if you deliver to a parcel motel UK address its within one day.

Not always the case. Both of my orders are Parcel Wizard bound, the later order has despatched so overtaken the first one, which was been on their system since Wednesday of last week. Both items stocked by Amazon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,273 ✭✭✭batistuta9

Absolutely. I know you reference it here, but in case others don't know. You should all be checking prices on:

https://uk.camelcamelcamel.com/

It will give you the price history for all products on Amazon. You can make a good guess then as to how good a deal it is. It's very easy to get caught up in the buzz of it all.

& this or sites like it for checking the prices on other Amazon sites
    https://www.hagglezon.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Anyone know of any iPad deals?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭dos29

Thanks, lad. I think it might be the vat.... (duh).

Going to have to think this through. Paying the higher VAT rate costs me £10 per seat (I'm buying 2). That's £20 delivered.

But depending on whether they package them together or separately I could be looking at higher costs going through parcel motel or an post.

Will hardly fit in a locker so I'd be looking at collection from Parcel motel:
    In addition to the €7.00 Parcel Motel charge, there is a supplement of €7.00 per 10 kg (over the 55 kg) or part thereof per parcel

Probably safer and cheaper to just home deliver direct from amazon and wear the VAT.

Parcel Wizard an option? Worst case 2 deliveries at €4 each. They're generally fairly sound on the "oversize" limits.

It's a mess. They gave me an extra month's free Prime because I complained about the shipping. Often, if I order something, the Priority option is slower than the free standard option. Makes no sense to me.

RTMhxmc.png

On top of that, one of my work colleagues cancelled his Prime a couple of months ago. He ordered the same product the same time as me (well, a few minutes after) with free shipping, and his was delivered faster than mine with Prime. I really do wonder if it's worth it.

For the record, the item from the screenshot above was delivered on the 22nd, so earlier than either the priority or standard shipping option predicted.

batistuta9 wrote: »
    & this or sites like it for checking the prices on other Amazon sites
    https://www.hagglezon.com

Camelcamelcamel app
    Install this on Android phone
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.cstewart.android.trycamel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Looking for smart plugs? any deal or good ones to get? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Basil3 wrote: »
    It's a mess. They gave me an extra month's free Prime because I complained about the shipping. Often, if I order something, the Priority option is slower than the free standard option. Makes no sense to me.

Got a £5 voucher for complaining about shipping speed. Better than nowt!
    Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Looking for smart plugs? any deal or good ones to get? Thanks

I ordered this but the delivery is crazy now.
    Can trade in the dot at CEX and make the smartplug very cheap.

Advertisement