Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭loup

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Looking for smart plugs? any deal or good ones to get? Thanks

Bought these thinking they were worth a punt as only £12.99 for 2 plugs. Amazingly they were really easy to set up with Alexa and now working away on lamps here. Have ordered two more. Reviews say they may possibly give up after a while but will see, the reviews were pretty positive overall.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B075F4SNPZ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭davetherave

sweetie wrote: »
    Got a £5 voucher for complaining about shipping speed. Better than nowt!

Got a months free prime two weeks ago after asking if anything could be done for the inconvenience of an item not arriving at the time specified by the two day prime free delivery. Wasn't inconvenienced in the slightest, it arrived on a Monday instead of the Friday as per the checkout shipping details. Better than nowt as you say.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 884 ✭✭✭septictank

wawaman wrote: »
    Anyone know of any iPad deals?

Apple don't do deals,I'm in the market for a good basic. best prices I've seen have been on Amazon.
    Depends on spec, 2018, 9.7, 32gb €294, 128gb is €379.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭wawaman

Good deals in America but may not be so good by the time the cost to get them here is added up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,928 ✭✭✭dubmick

Any good external hard drive deals going? 1tb or 2tb

Thanks

wawaman wrote: »
    Good deals in America but may not be so good by the time the cost to get them here is added up

Any one have a rough idea of the duty on a $350 Ipad from the US?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

septictank wrote: »

Found them after I posted, look similar to the ones from Gearbest for 8 euro so might try gearbest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

if you have an issue with amazon.es order, can you contact .co.uk for assistance

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

if you have an issue with amazon.es order, can you contact .co.uk for assistance

nope

• Advertisement

nope

damn

I ordered two items shipping to parcel wizard, they've cancelled one item so I no longer want the other but the site says it's too late to cancel, going to get caught for amazon postage and PW

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,412 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

damn

I ordered two items shipping to parcel wizard, they've cancelled one item so I no longer want the other but the site says it's too late to cancel, going to get caught for amazon postage and PW

Still try their ".es" customer service, they should be able to cancel it manually before it ships - email them in english and provide a Spanish translation through google translate.

never thought of that, cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Address pal are very slow. Order arrived in Dublin Saturday morning, still not delivered

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Etnies wrote: »
    Address pal are very slow. Order arrived in Dublin Saturday morning, still not delivered

They could be extremely busy. Given its AnPost, they still have to be sorted and sent out to each depot.
    There is a backlog of stuff as it is with AnPost https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=108722989#post108722989 - I know Amazon is not in China but once it gets here its into that mix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

rubadub wrote: »

Some things can be zero vat in the Uk so big savings to be had, e.g. bicycle helmets and some sport supplements.

It would be interesting to have a vat comparison list between Ireland and the UK for these type of situations.

On a similar note, I bought an item and got charged Irish vat.
    Noticed a day later that a 10pound voucher appeared on the items page, so I cancelled and reordered.
    But I got charged UK vat the second time.

I wonder if the redeem voucher button on the items page somehow bypasses the vat change when you checkout.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Cannot get over the sound quality in that Anker sound core speaker, what a purchase

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,113 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

Cannot get over the sound quality in that Anker sound core speaker, what a purchase

Alot smaller that I thought it would be but good sound great battery. Google assistant doesn't quite work, however then I've my Google home for that.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

It's not on sale again is it? Picked up two myself, one as a gift, but a friend missed out on it on Friday and was looking to get it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 153 ✭✭Frunchy

I think it was a **** up on Anker's part with vouchers rather than a real intended sale, doubt you'll see prices like that again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,315 ✭✭✭dan786

Etnies wrote: »

2-3 working days. Its only been one so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

dan786 wrote: »
    2-3 working days. Its only been one so far.

From time they receive it or time it's in Dublin? They have it since Thursday in UK

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Sir Oxman wrote: »
    yeah got my PM notice it's here, will collect tomorrow

Thanks for posting the bargain mgray!

Anker Soundcore Motion B

Well that's a great bit of kit.
    I'd never have bought at 40 pounds because I wasn't too pushed about bluetooth speakers but 60% off triggered the buy (and the reviews)

Great sound, super build and just what I needed for the bog :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

I have noticed a lot of products on Amazon lately have been "redesignated" by the seller - for example I saw a face mask with 711 reviews, 710 of which were for a mirror! Anyone else noticed similar? I reported it and Amazon removed the listing. Seems quite deceptive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tomplate

Joseph wrote: »
    I have noticed a lot of products on Amazon lately have been "redesignated" by the seller - for example I saw a face mask with 711 reviews, 710 of which were for a mirror! Anyone else noticed similar? I reported it and Amazon removed the listing. Seems quite deceptive.

its a funny old place amazon

there's a lot of tat with dodgy reviews and other strange goings on

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Tinder Surprise

Frunchy wrote: »
    I think it was a **** up on Anker's part with vouchers rather than a real intended sale, doubt you'll see prices like that again.

This ain't a bad deal at all...

30% off the Anker Soundcore 2 which is the next model up from the recent bargain on here (Soundcore Motion B)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundCore-Bluetooth-Playtime-Resistance/dp/B01MTB55WH/ref=dp_ob_title_wld

£27.99 + free delivery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Joseph wrote: »

I noticed that too!

Reviews for a completely different item. Sneaky if intentional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Anker speaker delivered today, for the size of it the sound quality is bloody impressive.

My €166 Xbox from .de is out for delivery tomorrow :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭timple23

Are amazon still doing the 2 day free shipping to Ireland for prime members? (Can I order 2 prime items and 2 add ons if my order is over £20 will they ship for free to Ireland?)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 534 ✭✭✭eezipc

Anker Soundcore Motion

Great sound, super build and just what I needed for the bog :)

That's a sentence you would only hear in Ireland.
    Now buy some flasks for the tae and you're flying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 david139

Anker speaker delivered today, for the size of it the sound quality is bloody impressive.

My €166 Xbox from .de is out for delivery tomorrow :D

Does it support FM Radio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

Okay done now...

Got the XL Philips Air fryer in the end (Have the small one since 2015)
    Beard trimmer
    Garden trimmer
    Kids Advent calendar
    Kids Art set
    Adult Art set
    Football
    Helly Hansen Coat
    Bosch Electric Lawn mover (Warehouse Deal)
    Oil Diffuser

And a tumble dryer locally to round things off.....

Of course all of these items where urgently needed:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

timple23 wrote: »
    Are amazon still doing the 2 day free shipping to Ireland for prime members? (Can I order 2 prime items and 2 add ons if my order is over £20 will they ship for free to Ireland?)

You don't need over £25 to get free Priority delivery to Ireland if you have Prime. I ordered a USB stick for £17 and got free Priority delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 36085

Looking for a Huawei P20 pro. Anyone spot any good deals. Open to other options. Camera must be good!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    I noticed that too!

Reviews for a completely different item. Sneaky if intentional.
    I think it is intentional, they must figure all these reviews - let's not waste.. so misleading

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭tony1980

This ain't a bad deal at all...

30% off the Anker Soundcore 2 which is the next model up from the recent bargain on here (Soundcore Motion B)

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Anker-SoundCore-Bluetooth-Playtime-Resistance/dp/B01MTB55WH/ref=dp_ob_title_wld

£27.99 + free delivery

Great product. Use it all the time for listening to Podcasts at home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

david139 wrote: »

It's just a Bluetooth speaker but if your phone has FM you can simply stream via Bluetooth. Or you can use the TuneIn app.
    I also remember getting my Anker speaker last year and was so happy with it. I have plenty of separates and large speaker but this one impressed me so much for it's size.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭Invincible

timple23 wrote: »

I was placing an order today, had option of standard delivery or free delivery, ticked standard as understood that was a bonus of prime, but when I unticked standard and ticked free delivery, the total decreased by €6 odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭Brian017

How much were the Anker speakers going for?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Brian017 wrote: »

about 14.75£

It was a huge 60% off - vouchers were pulled within a few hours though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

£14.75

Very impressed with with it sounds great, well made and battery life seems very good had it on for a good few hours this afternoon and it was still at 70%

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

Looking at TVs on Amazon to take advantage of £ rate but a lot not shipping to Ireland. Any noticed any good deals on 50" LG/Samsung TVs?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

djb85 wrote: »
    Looking at TVs on Amazon to take advantage of £ rate but a lot not shipping to Ireland. Any noticed any good deals on 50" LG/Samsung TVs?

Have you checked Littlewoods?

This seems a decent deal.

Can't comment on their customer service as I've never used them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Kolido wrote: »

Havent heard good things about littlewoods... id look at richersounds.. can pay in either euro or pounds... great service and usually 6 year warranty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,660 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Haven't tried, mostly use Spotify and then TuneIn for the rare occasions I need radio.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

djb85 wrote: »

https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/samsung-50-inch-ue50nu7020-4k-uhd-tv-369-delivered-ao-ebay-3121056

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

It's a Bluetooth speaker, you connect it to another device with Bluetooth and it'll stream whatever content the other device can play so if your phone has FM built in it should be able to stream the output the Anker speaker just as it would if you wanted to listen via a pair of Bluetooth headphones.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

about 14.75£

It was a huge 60% off - vouchers were pulled within a few hours though

That was probably the best deal of this year's Black Friday. That and Anker battery backs for €11 from mymemory.ie

Kolido wrote: »

DID have the same TV for €429 -> https://www.did.ie/samsung-nu7020-55-4k-ultra-hd-flat-led-smart-tv-black-ue55nu7020kxx-ue55nu7020kxx-3-prd?utm_source=pricespy.ie&utm_campaign=product_feed&utm_medium=referral

• Advertisement
Advertisement