Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Chat thread for Amazon Black Friday/Cyber Monday

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,092 ✭✭✭fineso.mom

Cannot get over the sound quality in that Anker sound core speaker, what a purchase

I ordered one for myself. it's due thursday. I cant wait.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,498 ✭✭✭ForestFire

djb85 wrote: »

And its about the same price on amazon and richer sounds with no discount cliam.

Seems like this is about the normal price for this TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Rubbish deals all round for me imo.

Not one thing I thought was a good deal that I wanted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭loveisdivine

Bought something from the warehouse last Wednesday the 21st, it's not been dispatched yet, is this normal for Black Friday stuff?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,197 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Bought something from the warehouse last Wednesday the 21st, it's not been dispatched yet, is this normal for Black Friday stuff?

Yeah, it can happen, you may have bought from the UK website but it could easily come from Germany or Italy and they tend to be a bit slow, strangely it could be for a few Euro and they might UPS it to you like my less than €2 book yesterday, cost way more to ship than what I paid for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got a 50"hisesne 4k TV from richer sounds for £349.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Looking at TVs on Amazon to take advantage of £ rate but a lot not shipping to Ireland. Any noticed any good deals on 50" LG/Samsung TVs?

might have been better doing this a week ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

sweetie wrote: »
    might have been better doing this a week ago

Have been looking that long, not a great Black Friday. Ended up going with Irish retailers

This seems like a good deal for highly rated Samsung 50" TV
    https://www.currys.ie/ieen/tv-and-home-entertainment/televisions/televisions/samsung-ue50nu7470-50-smart-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-led-tv-10179961-pdt.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭djan

Looking at TVs on Amazon to take advantage of £ rate but a lot not shipping to Ireland. Any noticed any good deals on 50" LG/Samsung TVs?

I purchased a 55" TV on sale before Black Friday (cheaper than both the Friday and Monday "deals") and used AnPost AddressPal. As their UK based depo is on the mainland, delivery is no issue. Cheapest option is to choose delivery door and if not home then pick up point collection.

If you were to get it sent directly to a post office for collection it's 25 EUR. :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 205 ✭✭djb85

djan wrote: »
    I purchased a 55" TV on sale before Black Friday (cheaper than both the Friday and Monday "deals") and used AnPost AddressPal. As their UK based depo is on the mainland, delivery is no issue. Cheapest option is to choose delivery door and if not home then pick up point collection.

If you were to get it sent directly to a post office for collection it's 25 EUR. :confused:

I looked up the dimensions and anything 50" or larger was bigger than Addresspal home delivery limits. They must be lenient on these

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

I wouldn't chance a tv with forwarding companies. If they damage it there's gonna be issues getting replacement and if you have a problem later they mightn't accept returning when you're based in another country.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭mbarosin

I looked up the dimensions and anything 50" or larger was bigger than Addresspal home delivery limits. They must be lenient on these
    I've had a 50" TV accepted by address pal hub today. €13 delivery cost which is better than what the website indicates. So yes, they must be lenient.
    Now the anxious wait for it to get over the water...

I wouldn't chance a tv with forwarding companies. If they damage it there's gonna be issues getting replacement and if you have a problem later they mightn't accept returning when you're based in another country.

I've returned AMZ items I received via PM directly via An Post without any issue.
    Not a TV mind, never had the need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,741 ✭✭✭tnegun

How did you get the return label? I can only ever get CS to give me a UK one but have had some luck getting the Parcel Motel fee to send refunded.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,152 ✭✭✭✭Berty

tnegun wrote: »
    How did you get the return label? I can only ever get CS to give me a UK one but have had some luck getting the Parcel Motel fee to send refunded.

I've always had CS give me an An Post return label after using PW or PM. You just have to be really disappointed sounding when you type when they say No because they know you're going to give them feedback after the chat and they don't want you giving them bad feedback.

• Advertisement

Can only speak from experience, but if you are using reputable sellers eg: Amazon, I've had no issues with returns apart from them being at most slightly more expensive due to increased shipping costs. This is more than offset by the wider selection and in my case a 35% reduction of the lowest price in Ireland.

Now with Brexit and all that, things might change a lot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 402 ✭✭rogieop

Quick question, being the noob that i am i ordered stuff off amazon yesterday and after paying i realised that id spent 40 quid on postage. I cancelled the orders and set up adress pal to get cheaper postage. Both orders have been confirmed cancelled but the money has been taken from my account. How long will i be waiting? the usual 5 working days?

Sounds unusual, AMZ only take money at dispatch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,225 ✭✭✭Chardee MacDennis

6bhdMwB.png

:confused::confused::confused:

I've had this happen on half of my orders this week, I just go with the quickest one and apart from one order, all have been on time.

• Advertisement

Ironically An Post is more realiable and speedy for me than any Courier. UPS are always misrouting my stuff, DHL second as being just as bad. Fastway turn up at random times of the day so can't be sure about them. If they'd just use DPD, Nightline and An Post then I'd be happy.

Don't get anybody started on the crowd who used to deliver games/dvds. Are they still going?

Berty wrote: »
    Don't get anybody started on the crowd who used to deliver games/dvds. Are they still going?

Asendia?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tomplate

i had to return an item i got through addresspal

noway could i get a return label off amazon, the system wouldn't allow them to print one

Ended up paying for a courier and they refunded me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭nsa0bupkd3948x

tomplate wrote: »
    i had to return an item i got through addresspal

noway could i get a return label off amazon, the system wouldn't allow them to print one

Ended up paying for a courier and they refunded me

Did you ask them on live chat and give them your Irish address as the send from one?

I've never not been able to get a an post label. Someone's just need to make it clear that's it's an Irish address as the send from. Once they change it their end it's an option

• Registered Users Posts: 3 david139

Glebee wrote: »
    Dont forget Amazon.de and Amazon.it can be a fraction of the price of Amazon.co.uk. Picked up a few bargins on Amazon.it

You can compare all amazons on hoteudeals.com (sorry, can't link)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

quad_red wrote: »
    Trying to buy a Maxi Cosi Rodifix child car seat.

Reduced to £100.09 in the sale. But it turns into £109.16 once you go to pay.

Delivery is zero. Where is the extra tenner coming from? :confused:

handling duties > preping pacaking, as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

if returning i always ask on chat to issue label to the same address that the card was credited from, had no issues but not sure nowadays.

tried to quote sry for double post.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 david139

MAJJ wrote: »
    It's just a Bluetooth speaker but if your phone has FM you can simply stream via Bluetooth. Or you can use the TuneIn app.
    I also remember getting my Anker speaker last year and was so happy with it. I have plenty of separates and large speaker but this one impressed me so much for it's size.

Wanted to make a gift for my father, he is not very techie :) Are there any speakers with built-in FM radio?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 480 ✭✭Enrico Palazzo

[deleted]

scamalert wrote: »
    handling duties > preping pacaking, as well.

Actually car seats in Ireland attract 13.5% and in the UK they attract 5% VAT

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201895820

I'd imagine that where the increase is coming from.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

david139 wrote: »
    Wanted to make a gift for my father, he is not very techie :) Are there any speakers with built-in FM radio?

Quick google found this: https://www.soundstore.ie/creative-chrono-b-tooth-speaker-with-alarm-clock-radio-51mf8280aa000.html

Essentially you're looking for a radio with bluetooth, not a speaker with a radio...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Google Home or Alexa can use voice to play radio

just say play RTE radio 1 and it will play it through the Tunein app, my mother who is blind uses it for radio

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭tomplate

10" Huawei tablets on sale for under £100

Not a bad deal for a low end tablet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,926 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

tomplate wrote: »
    10" Huawei tablets on sale for under £100

Not a bad deal for a low end tablet

I'd highly recommend the M3 lite. My son got it and it's a cracker of a tablet for gaming. He thinks it's quick anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,563 ✭✭✭Wing126

fineso.mom wrote: »
    I ordered one for myself. it's due thursday. I cant wait.

Did you get it at the reduced price aswell?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,063 ✭✭✭Doge

You can compare all amazons on hoteudeals.com (sorry, can't link)

Thanks for this, after the demise of curiua.com we needed something like this.

Can anyone explain to me or PM me how I can get a firestick 4k's bought during the sales prime video working? I can

a) mirror prime video from the app on my phone to the stick

b) open silk and play prime video via the firestick browser

but I get error 5505 when trying to watch prime video via the stick directly

Is the only option to UK VPN the firestick?

My content location is set to the UK and I have parcel motel as my billing.

• Registered Users Posts: 168 ✭✭j_lennon18

Can anyone explain to me or PM me how I can get a firestick 4k's bought during the sales prime video working? I can

When you say you have your content location set to UK, is that in here:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/hz/mycd/myx#/home/settings/payment

467046.png

I remember I had a nightmare changing everything to UK. Think I had to use VPN once off at one point just to change online from Ireland -> UK. The other option was a UK credit card which I didn't have at the time. It might have been that setting or something to do with my Amazon Music account as that was located in US for some reason.

I haven't tested a prime video on my new Fire TV 4K stick yet (I will check when I'm home later) but I have no problems with my 2 older Fire TV sticks and I don't need to use a VPN.

If that doesn't work then read this article: https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201248840

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭morphman

Just when I wanted to buy the new paperwhite it's goes back up to 119 sterling. Any deal anywhere else for it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Spent a few days last week trying to get it working as well.
    Ended up contacting Amazon on their chat support and they fixed it up in a few minutes. They set it so that I am in the UK - no questions asked!
    Seems like it's something they have set on their system.

Tried with/without vpn or smartdns, also deregistered and reregistered stick a number of times, set location to IRL/UK - nothing would work.

• Registered Users Posts: 463 ✭✭garion

Hoping someone can help me as Amazon support have been no help. :mad:

I've an item to return as it was delivered in a plastic bag rather than the actual product box! They immediately shipped a replacement but I now need to send the original item back to them.

Sounds easy so far, but I'm struggling to know what label I'm supposed to send back on the box.

On the Amazon link I've got 2 "Commercial Invoice" labels, a "Return Mailing Label" and a "Return Authorization Label" - see attachments.

The instructions seems to indicate I attach both the first "Commercial Invoice" label AND the "Return Mailing Label" but that doesn't seem right. For a start they won't fit on the box.

The "Return Authorization Label" is fine, just stick it in the box. I'm confused by the "Commercial Invoice" labels though.

Has anyone experience returning an item with these labels?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Relikk

It tells you what to do under each header.

First image, top label goes on the outside of the package as an address label (same for the top label in the second image, just put it on the side or the back). First image, bottom label is given in to the post office when you send it back. Second image, bottom label goes inside the package as you've already done.

That's odd. It's not a free return label either. Are you planning on paying for it and claiming back the value of the refund?

It's also a UK address so you can give to An Post but they'll charge you postage to the UK.

I'd be asking Amazon for an An Post prepaid return shipping label.

Relikk wrote: »
    It tells you what to do under each header.

First image, top label goes on the outside of the package as an address label (same for the top label in the second image, just put it on the side or the back). First image, bottom label is given in to the post office when you send it back. Second image, bottom label goes inside the package as you've already done.

OK thanks for the quick reply. I was confused about how whether to attach both labels to the outside of the box. Seemed overkill but no worries if that's what they need then that's grand.

Thanks for you help.

• Advertisement

Berty wrote: »
    That's odd. It's not a free return label either. Are you planning on paying for it and claiming back the value of the refund?

It's also a UK address so you can give to An Post but they'll charge you postage to the UK.

I'd be asking Amazon for an An Post prepaid return shipping label.

Yep they'll refund the cost of postage apparently. In the past I have received a prepaid label so that threw me aswell, wasn't sure if they'd just changed the system.

I'll send it in as requested and get the refund afterwards.

I think it depends on the return reason you select. If it's for change of mind then you have to pay return postage...if it's because the item is faulty for example then they give a prepaid label. That's how I think it works anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Is there an analogue wrist watch still available on Amazon? On sale please. Budget is 50-60£

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,475 ✭✭✭Ryath

Is there an analogue wrist watch still available on Amazon? On sale please. Budget is 50-60£

Only about 5,000 of them :P

For £60 I'd go with this
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Casio-MDV106-1AV-Black-Resin-Quartz/dp/B009KYJAJY/ref=sr_1_5?s=watch&ie=UTF8&qid=1543405365&sr=1-5&refinements=p_36%3A5000-6000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,830 ✭✭✭masterboy123

This watch has a red coloured seconds hand, which I would avoid.

I am looking for Seiko or some well known brands that is on massive sale on Black Friday (Wednesday now).
    Ryath wrote: »

• Advertisement
Advertisement